WnSoft Forums

The old and the new.

Ronniebootwest

We have seen some brilliant slide shows made with version 5 and, to some extent, we seem to have lost sight of the good old version 4.

I like the pan & zoom but it can be overdone I think, so I made a quick show (version 5.4) just using the pan effect for the opening intro and the closing credits. It seems to work fine and keeps the slide show simple.

Download it here: Click here:

Let me know what you think.

Ron

Update: The link to the slide show mentioned above, is now out of date.

Ron

That was excellent in every way but I think now you could do the whole thing now in Version 5.0 beta #4.

What you cannot do at the moment in Version 5.0 is use the Object Editor parts which are available in Version 4.0. It was this that I demonstrated in my initial posting "Versions 4.0 and 5.0 - Interim arrangements" on 16 July 2006. I had some useful comments from my peers and had hoped for one from you. Keep up the good work and best wishes

Ron [uK]

We have seen some brilliant slide shows made with version 5 and, to some extent, we seem to have lost sight of the good old version 4.

I like the pan & zoom but it can be overdone I think, so I made a quick show (version 5.4) just using the pan effect for the opening intro and the closing credits. It seems to work fine and keeps the slide show simple.

Ron

By coincidence I have just posted Magical Movement to www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp which is almost the reverse of what you have done: Please see my comments on PicturesToExe Presentations. However, I still like simple sequences and I found yours very pleasant and enjoyable although I do not know Cardiff. It is probably more interesting to people who know the place and buildings, and without commentary it is just a series of very good slides. The music was very nice and quite appropriate, again I like Male Voice Choirs so I am a little biased! I would be interested in your comments on my sequence.

John

Ron,

much enjoyed your slideshow and the music.

Your right, it is easy to "over-egg the pudding" having all the new tricks V.5 puts at our fingertips.

On the otherhand, used creatively and with restraint, wonderful, aesthetically stimulating results are achievable.

John

Ron,

Very nice pictures and music. Particularly enjoyed the choir. Picking appropriate music is one of the hardest things to do. Just a very minor point - your pictures are on screen just a little too long for me. I usualy go for 7 secs with a 2-3 sec fade. Obviously if there is commentary, then a slide might be on for longer.

Jeff

By coincidence I have just posted Magical Movement to www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp which is almost the reverse of what you have done: Please see my comments on PicturesToExe Presentations. I would be interested in your comments on my sequence.

John

John,

Great photography and a very pleasant AV. If the intention was to investigate the features of Version 5 then you have succeeded very well.

But I think your AV illustrates for me that the p/z/r features can be overdone. Maybe this is ok for what I call an "effects" AV where there is no story, just good images. However I think for AV's that have a theme or story, the p/z/r effects have to be used with caution.

Jeff

Ron,

Just a very minor point - your pictures are on screen just a little too long for me. I usualy go for 7 secs with a 2-3 sec fade. Obviously if there is commentary, then a slide might be on for longer.

Jeff

Point taken Jeff. All of the music options are not yet available within version 5, so I have now added a few more slides to my show so that they are displayed for just 7 seconds as you suggest.

When the final version of 5 is released I will do this show again.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Ron

Just to Thank you Ron for sending me your tutorial on Scrolling Text I found it to be excelent and easy to understand. I tried to download your other tutorial on Pan and Zoom but I get a dialog box asking me to sign up to Send It ? which I did not do. Is there another way I can download this tutorial. I will look at your website. Thanks again royo

Hi Royo,

The tutorial on 'Pan & Zoom' has not yet been completed so I don't know how you managed to finish up on the 'YouSendit' site.

By the way, you may want to consider signing up to 'YouSendit' it is FREE and a very useful facility for sending larger files.

Ron