WnSoft Forums

Timeline & O/A window

Jill

Hi Igor

I am learning just how wonderful V5 is & it is amazing what can be achieved with a bit of imagination. But I have some additional requests.

I don't know if these functions will be available in the final version but if not could you consider them for future releases.

1. It would be really great if it were possible to see both the Timeline/Waveform & the Object window. I find I am constantly switching between the 2 to work out the positions for key points. Even if I could only 'see' the waveform & not hear it it would help.

2. Is it possible to select a group of key points. Like in the Timeline window I can click on the first point then shift click on the last point & all are selected. I sometimes find that I need to move a group of key points for an object but keep their relative positions.

3. Would it be possible to see a 'timeline' for each of the objects on a slide. I find when adding another object I have to keep clicking on previous objects to get the positions right. If I could see all the key points for each existing object it would make things a lot easier to get the timing for the new object.

4. Would it be possible to be able to zoom the timeline on the object as in the Timeline/Waveform. Using Ctrl + F11/F12. I sometimes find it difficult to see keypoints that are close together when a slide has a long screen time. The current window is the same length however long the slide time is.

I know these are a BIG ASK & may not be possible, but would be great to have & would make it easier to use the O/A functions.

Thanks Jill

North Wales

1. It would be really great if it were possible to see both the Timeline/Waveform & the Object window. I find I am constantly switching between the 2 to work out the positions for key points. Even if I could only 'see' the waveform & not hear it it would help.

2. Is it possible to select a group of key points. Like in the Timeline window I can click on the first point then shift click on the last point & all are selected. I sometimes find that I need to move a group of key points for an object but keep their relative positions.

3. Would it be possible to see a 'timeline' for each of the objects on a slide. I find when adding another object I have to keep clicking on previous objects to get the positions right. If I could see all the key points for each existing object it would make things a lot easier to get the timing for the new object.

4. Would it be possible to be able to zoom the timeline on the object as in the Timeline/Waveform. Using Ctrl + F11/F12. I sometimes find it difficult to see keypoints that are close together when a slide has a long screen time. The current window is the same length however long the slide time is.

Jill,

I already asked two of your requests :

#2 : see here and Igor's answer just above (not possible :( ).

BUT see an other request here with Igor's answer here that may be will suit your need (this feature is planned for v5.10 :) ).

#4 : see here and Igor's answer two post above (in his TODO list for next versions :) ).

About your other requests :

#3 : my humble opinion is that I'm afraid it would be confusing for the user. Really don't know if it would be usefull at least for me. :unsure:

#1 : I totaly agree with your request. B)