WnSoft Forums

Shrubland Hall Estate on Beechbrook

Paul T

This is a presentation of a collection of images taken over about 4 years of a stately home estate where I have a work shop and carryout stone repairs and conservation on the fabric of the building and the garden stonework and felt this collection would make a suitable slide show. Interested in any comments or constructive criticism to help me improve my presentations.

Regards Paul

Fine photography and atmosphere. Feel it needs a commentary, - I know nothing about Shrubland Hall. Didn't like the choice of music but this is always personal. The Deer at the end seem just tacked on and would have been better included as a change from all house shots to break them up. Most of the v.5.0 P and Z were very acceptable to me, although I would imagine some people would decide that there are too many of them. The early morning shots were very good, and one tranistion stays in the mind after viewing once - that of the frosted fucia and the stonework that comes in from behind it. Thank you for letting us see it and I hope these comments are helpful.

John

Fine photography and atmosphere. Feel it needs a commentary, - I know nothing about Shrubland Hall. Didn't like the choice of music but this is always personal. The Deer at the end seem just tacked on and would have been better included as a change from all house shots to break them up. Most of the v.5.0 P and Z were very acceptable to me, although I would imagine some people would decide that there are too many of them. The early morning shots were very good, and one tranistion stays in the mind after viewing once - that of the frosted fucia and the stonework that comes in from behind it. Thank you for letting us see it and I hope these comments are helpful.

John

Hi John

Thanks for you comments. I think you are correct about the stag at the end I thought the same but liked the shot so much I made the mistake in desperation of just making use of it. In retrospect I should have not included it, or as you said used it at the correct place in the slide show. After watching the show so many times in the process of putting it together I find it difficult to judge if the music is ok ,if the images are longer enough on the screen and it does help for comments from others who are detached from the construction of the slide show. As for commentary, should it not be that the images tell a visual story ? However, I did consider a narration but felt that it would be suited better for video rather than a slide show.

Regards Paul