WnSoft Forums

Flipping Images

bjc

“FLIPPING IMAGES.zip”

Here is a small (2MB) animated PTE file demonstrating an option that I had considered asking Igor to include in PTE Version 5 ~ but I think he’s got enough on his plate as it is, without me (us) asking for MORE !?

As things stand at the moment it is not possible to create (just using PTE) what you see in this demo file, as it requires an image-transform option that currently doesn’t exist.

The images used to produce this file (63 of them in all) were first generated in Photoshop, using an automated ‘Action’ that I created a few years ago ,,,, the resultant ‘Layered’ image was then transferred over into ImageReady, where yet another ready-made ‘Action’ put together the animation sequence (previously designed to generate animated GIF’s.

Options that now exist in ImageReady have enabled me to save-off these sequence images as individual JPG’s, therefore enabling the production of a PTE ‘.exe’ file to replicate what I previously did with the ANIGIF files.

The quality produced by PTE is vastly superior to that of the GIF files, in both smoothness-of-movement and image quality. One can only hope that, sometime in the future, Igor will be able to provide us with the image-transform options that will enable this sort of effect to be generated directly within PTE.

I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed.

bjc