WnSoft Forums

How to Start Timeline Play From Somewhere Beside Start

Fried

I could swear I've had to figure this out before, but I can never seem to remember the answer.

I am in Timeline with waveform displayed and in the process of manually setting my slides to their spots on the waveform. How do I get to see a preview from an arbitrary location I select? I remember this mode of playback where the vertical blue line sweeps across the waveform and you get to see a little version of the slideshow with the transition effects. Everything I try restarts the playback or preview from the beginning of the show or blows me out of Timeline mode completely. ARGH!

And where is this documented?

Many thanks and your tolerance for such a dumb question. It is so frustrating to know I used to be able to do something and now can't remember or figure it out.

Fried

Hit 'Play' to begin playback from the beginning - then press your keyboard spacebar to pause the playback, then click in the Timeline where you wish to palyback from - hit spacebar again to preview the show from that point. If you should press 'Stop' then you will playback from the beginning next time you press 'Play'.

So - keep clicking or dragging the blue cursor on the Timeline to preview from where you wish.

I hope this gets you back into using the Timeline OK

DEN (NE UK)

Many thanks and your tolerance for such a dumb question. It is so frustrating to know I used to be able to do something and now can't remember or figure it out.

If it's a dumb question, then we all qualify. I know several instances where I know I've done something and can't figure out how I did it. Sometimes it's because in a new release, Igor disables certain features for a time, then re-implements them. But often it's my old brain cells! :blink:

There are a handful of folks that are using PTE all day, every day, and they are invaluable to the rest of us! ;)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your wonderful replies. Denwell's answer was the answer. Whew! That is a little "feature" that should be squeezed onto the screen or into a tooltip somewhere, I think --- unless I missed it in which case that isn't too surprising either.

Part of my problem was that day was my 51st birthday and not only was I suffering from CRS, it was a bad day to be reminded of it. LOL

I'm working on my 3rd "big" slideshow now. I shoot one-design regattas and at the big events I have a slideshow at the trophy dinner. 2005 Snipe Nationals was the first one. At the 2006 Nationals the band arrived too late to pretest the sound hookup and levels so I said I'd play the 2005 show to check everything and then play the 2006 show. Everybody started screaming and shouting. I launched the 2005 show and it was like a cross between the beginning of a rock concert and a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I realized later everyone had been watching it over and over all year and knew every slide, every word, every detail. Then the 2006 show followed and it was a blast.

So this one is for the Star Worlds in San Francisco next week. Should be somewhere between 300-400 people at the dinner.

Thanks again!

Fried

My Webpage and links to the shows from there.