WnSoft Forums

The Windows Clipboard & P2E

bjc

The Windows Clipboard & P2E

An achievable feature !?

My apologies if this Topic has been covered before – I did a ‘search’ but found no reference to it.

Would it be of value, or indeed, would it be at all possible, to integrate the Windows Clipboard into P2E !?

It would appear that the current Copy-&-Paste capabilities of P2E are restricted to ‘in-house’ content only.

As we all know, as a general rule, content from one application can be copied-to-the-Clipboard and then pasted into a document in another application (presupposing a data-type compatibility).

I experimented yesterday with copy-pasting some text from a Word document into Photoshop (it ‘works’, but there is a font and document size issue).

It then struck me that text ‘selected’ in Photoshop might be copy-pasted into P2E (that doesn’t work by the way !!).

Extending that thought further, it occurred to me that maybe the ability to ‘Paste’ :- image selections / graphic shapes / text / backgrounds etc. etc. would be of great interest to P2E users.

In programming terms, I have absolutely no idea whether this capability could be added to P2E.

~(that would be a matter for Igor and his team to ponder over and comment on)~

If it is at all possible, would this not be an immensely useful, future feature, for PicturesToExe 5.1 ??

bjc

bjc

I agree with you

we can use the clipboard with ver 4 series object editor -- add text and paste from clipboard into the window

but it would be neat to paste directly into the object editor

hard to say what tricks our Leader has up his sleeve -- he has said there will be changes to the object editor

ken

as a general rule, content from one application can be copied-to-the-Clipboard and then pasted into a document in another application (presupposing a data-type compatibility).

With Sy(P) you can copy a text from a simple editor (like NotePad or Context) and paste it into a PTE project as comment when you are working with the spreadsheet editor of Sy(P).

If your text is composed of several paragraphs, you can specify for each a separator string (for example: #### , see menu Options). In this case each paragraph is pasted separately in each picture.

With Sy(P) you can copy a text from a simple editor (like NotePad or Context) and paste it into a PTE project as comment when you are working with the spreadsheet editor of Sy(P).

If your text is composed of several paragraphs, you can specify for each a separator string (for example: #### , see menu Options). In this case each paragraph is pasted separately in each picture.

Thanks for that Jean-Claude, I wasn't aware that that option existed ~~ however ~~~ I think Ken has understood my intentions better,, I was thinking more alone the line of Pasting objects (text / images / graphics etc.) onto, or over, images in the Objects and Animation Window, thereby eliminating the need for the creation of PNG files (etc).

bjc