WnSoft Forums

PTE V.5 Controls Tutorial

JohnFeg

I’m working on Slideshow Tutorial, the purpose of which is to provide easy and rapid access to detailed descriptions of the function/s of all the command and control buttons and icon used in PTE V. 5

John

The first draft of this Tutorial, intended as an introduction to the Controls used in Pictures to Exe, Version 5, has been posted on the Beechbrook site.

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1383

It is intended, principally, as an introduction to the “Tools” used in Version 5 and as an occasional reference source, for more experienced users.

It is posted to elicit your comments, on its contents, relevance and style,

Please consider the following when you watch it:

1.0 Because PTE V.5 is still under development, and some of its features do not yet function, this tutorial has been created in PTE V.4.48. This, it is hoped, will give some impression of how it will work when it is finalised. That is, after V.5 has been released.

2.0 The tutorial is made in “Windowed Mode” so that the Control Buttons will remain in correct alignment with the underlying slides, irrespective of your screen resolution. Unfortunately, this also means that the higher your screen resolution, the smaller will appear the image on your screen. To improve matters, try setting your screen resolution to 1024X768 pixels. This problem will not arise after this tutorial has been made using V.5

3.0 When it is set up in version 5 the “Post-It Notes” (Tool-Tips) will be animated and will put in their appearances in such a manner that their relationship, to the Controls they describe, is obvious.

4.0 Development of the tutorial, so far, covers only those controls that appear on the main screen. Before more Tool-Tips are produced, for the contents of the dialogue boxes, lying below the main screen, I would like to have some feedback. Then, if there are errors or there is a different approach that would improve the tutorial’s usefulness, changes can be made before reworking becomes a monumental chore.

5.0 Listed below are some aspects on which your opinion would be particularly appreciated:

5.1 Does it need the Voiceover? And if so, should that dialogue exactly follow the screen text?

5.2 Are any of the terms that have been used inappropriate? I was torn between “Command” and “Control” to describe all the various buttons.

5.3 The .exe file is at 11 Mb now! So, when finished it could have grown to 25MB. Any views on keeping the size down?

5.4 Would it be better to replace the Navigation Bar with an additional button?

5.5 Lastly, one for IGOR. At some time, in the future, might Tool-Tips be made available when the cursor is herd over a control?

John

John,

May be we didn't understood each other.

Anyway, I post your file on my site too.

Dominique,

many thanks, no misunderstanding though. On reflection, it seemed to me that I would get a broader feedback response if I published the thing as widely, and to as diverse an audience, as possible.

I'm planning to restart work on it, depending on what sort of response I get, in about 10 days

John