WnSoft Forums

Error message

Ernst

Sometimes when editing a show I get error messages.

When I want to preview, I get an error message, "background image so and so (path) was not found". (The preview does not run, not even up to the conflicting slide).

OK. Thanks for the message. But, where is the conflicting slide?

The message error shows me only the name and path of the missing file (let´s say a background texture I had moved to another folder), but it does not tell me in what slide it found the missing file. Sometimes I combine customized and non customized slides. It is hard to find out where (usually customized slides) is the slide that has an erroneous path. The error appears as many times as there is a conflicting slide, and you have to discover (search) one by one which was the bad one. In this you have to go back and forth to the errors window.

I will appreciate a solution to discovering the conflicting slide. And since "If you are not part of the solution, you are part the problem", may I suggest (if I am not too lost in the forum today) that in a given case, future editions of PTE could consider this aspect? That is, in the example I described, would it be possible to point to the slide that is causing the problem, or tell me, it´s the general settings? Thiswill help in the editing, especially if you have a larg amount of slides. Maybe I will discover (or you will tell it to me in anger) also that this has already been discussed in this forum So, please, excuse me for not reading enough of the older posts (I like to play newbie sometimes). In that case, please be patient with me and point me to the corresponding topic.

Regards

Ernst