WnSoft Forums

versions 3.8 vs 4.0

JRR

I did a show several months ago that uses a one image show. The one image is set to STAY ON SCREEN AT END. There are object editors on the one image that are set to RUN APPLICATION and EXIT.

It works beautifully as the selected show runs and comes back to the one image show, from which I can launch another show.

I am doing the samething now for a second group of shows. Everything seems to be set the same as the earlier show, but when the selected show finishes, it returns to my desktop, not back to the one image show.

The only difference I can see is that I am using ver 4.0 not 3.8.

I can't believe that is really a problem, but I can't figure anything else. :)

Any one have a hint ??

Thanks

Sorry I cannot help you for an answer but I'm intrigued by what you have done. Could you explain it a little further? It sounds like you've created a title page similar to chapter selections on DVD movies... offering selections to play other shows??? Is that what you've created?

Larry Thompson

Larry:

Welcome to the forum !!!

The result of what I have done (when it works ;) ) is to create a "Title" or "front" or "contents" page from which to run various pte shows (or any .exe files)

On the one image in the show, I click on OBJECT EDITOR and then click on BUTTON at the top, drag it to wherever you want and right clicking on the button lets you set up the text etc, and action (under PROPERTIES)

Just remember that OBJECT EDITORS do not stay in the same place if the show is played in various screen resolutions. There is a "preview" button as to where they will appear for different screen resolutions.

I find this approach makes for a more professional looking presentation. (when it works ;):) )

Have fiun with PTE

Jim, I think there is a little mistake in your "Menu" presentation ("one image show").

Even if you set the show to "Stay on screen at end", if you place an object with "Run application and Exit", this command will end the show when you click on the object; so, when your main show ends, that first one is no more running.

You have to set in object properties "Run application or open file" if you want your menu continues to run under the main presentation!

Guido:

Thanks, that solved it.

I went back and triple checked the one that I did in 3.8 and the OBJECT EDITOR is definitely set to RUN APPLICATION AND EXIT and it works the way I want it to.

Choosing the RUN APPLICATION option makes it behave the same way in 4.0. :) I agree that does sound more logical on thinking about it more.

Thanks (again !! I owe you a very large dinner if I am in the neighbourhood or you in ours !!)