WnSoft Forums

proportional music synchro

artzubi

I am a newby, so apologies if the question is trivial.

I think that PTE is superior to other similar software, especially in what concerns the stability of the program and the quality and smoothness of the transitions. But there is one feature that other programs have and that I am missing in PTE. That is the possibility of assigning individual duration times to both slides and transitions, and, then, when synchronizing to music, these times be proportionally changed according to the duration of the music. This can be done in ProShow, for instance, even selecting parts of the show and synchronizing them with parts of the music band (song tracks, for example).

I know that this can be done with utilities such as SyP and PTE Adjustor (although not very conveniently, in my opinion), but... is there any project to make it possible directly from PTE?

Thanks for your responses,

Xabier.

I am a newby, so apologies if the question is trivial.

I think that PTE is superior to other similar software, especially in what concerns the stability of the program and the quality and smoothness of the transitions. But there is one feature that other programs have and that I am missing in PTE. That is the possibility of assigning individual duration times to both slides and transitions, and, then, when synchronizing to music, these times be proportionally changed according to the duration of the music. This can be done in ProShow, for instance, even selecting parts of the show and synchronizing them with parts of the music band (song tracks, for example).

I know that this can be done with utilities such as SyP and PTE Adjustor (although not very conveniently, in my opinion), but... is there any project to make it possible directly from PTE?

Thanks for your responses,

Xabier.

Welcome, Xabier, to the forum.

I am not an expert, but I think the current state of affairs is:

1) There is no existing internal feature to do this.

2) Igor and team are always interested in new ideas.

3) They are in the middle of a new release, but I haven't seen this listed as a new feature of the release.

I am quite interested in that feature also. I use music differently than many folks do and the "synching" I do is much more precise, e.g., I want this transition to happen exactly on the cymbal crash in this measure, or right on the downbeat of that measure.

You might try the Search mode of this forum to see if there have been other threads on this or similar topics. I'd take a look for you but I have to run at the moment.

Also, I'm sure others will add to this thread with their opinions and advice.

Hope this helps! Welcome! :)