WnSoft Forums

Error not finding pictures

dadoallen

I have created several picture shows but now when I go to amend the shows it comes up with an error message stating the pictures can not be found. It would appear that the system is looking at the wrong file and I can not change that. I try to open the most recent show by clicking on file and recent projects. It then displays the correct pictures in the top left box but shows 'picture not found in the box running along the bottom. The file name in the box beside the show image box is from the right directory but the wrong file (it always picks this file whatever project I chose). Can anyone help please.

Many thanks

I have created several picture shows but now when I go to amend the shows it comes up with an error message stating the pictures can not be found. It would appear that the system is looking at the wrong file and I can not change that. I try to open the most recent show by clicking on file and recent projects. It then displays the correct pictures in the top left box but shows 'picture not found in the box running along the bottom. The file name in the box beside the show image box is from the right directory but the wrong file (it always picks this file whatever project I chose). Can anyone help please.

Many thanks

Have you, since creating the show/s, either:

i) changed any of the file names?

ii) moved the images to a different folder?

John

Have you, since creating the show/s, either:

i) changed any of the file names?

ii) moved the images to a different folder?

John

yes on my latest show I renamed the file that the images are in. I have renamed the file back to what it was but no success.

I do a save as to save the images before I do a create as for the project. It worked the first time I went back to do an amendment but not now.

What I can't understand is that whatever project I select it always displays the same file.

Dave

yes on my latest show I renamed the file that the images are in. I have renamed the file back to what it was but no success.

I do a save as to save the images before I do a create as for the project. It worked the first time I went back to do an amendment but not now.

What I can't understand is that whatever project I select it always displays the same file.

Dave

Dave,

I cannot think of anything other than those images, you used when the show was originally created, are now in a new location, or, the name of the folder/s they were in has changed.

When you get the message "cannot find image/s", PTE should also tell you where it was expecting to find them.

Hope you can track them down.

John

Dave,

Welcome to the Forum!

When you are checking your images, don't forget to check and/or change the pathnames of any images you are using in "Object Editor".

One way to track down the problem is to save the project file under a different name so you don't lose it, and then try deleting images until PTE no longer tells you it can't find them. Once you get it down to a single faulty image, it should be easier to trouble-shoot, too. Best of luck! :)