WnSoft Forums

Beta 5 : how to run an external exe

Casp

Hye.

I'm new on this forum, but I've been using this EXCELLENT software for years, now.

I do not miss any total solar eclipse in the world. There was one this year. I need to present my slideshow before the end of this year to many people. For this, I absolutly need to run slideshows together (17 slideshows, 2 hours all together), with some inserted very short videos.

The "run external exe" is not available yet, but I need it for all this.

When will it be possible to chain the slideshows again please ? Before the end of the year ?

Thank you for everything.

Casp.

Casp.

welcome to the forum

do you need to use beta 5

if you are not panning and zooming you could put the whole show together from your work that is all in one folder using 4.48 and make sure it works perfectly

and save as create as

then open the the 4.48 pte with ver 5 beta6 and save as under a new name with ver5 b6 included in the name

and

see if it works

before we get into it any further

report back your findings

kenm

Hye Ken. Thanks for your reply.

Well, in fact, I've been using already the release 5 from the very beginning, with the beta 2 to the last one. I actually use the pan and zoom, that I was waiting for before.

I use all the new possibilities in my slideshow, included the very good ideas of TheDom, from his Sharing place. (hope he comes back very soon !).

So, no return to the 4.48.

I wish Igor will include this possibility very soon : external exe.

Have you got some information about future betas ?

thanks a lot.

Casp.

Hi Casp,

Four days ago, Igor wrote

And most likely you'll see PicturesToExe Deluxe in the next beta in 2 weeks.

Full post here

And after the release of beta #5, Igor wrote

We plan to add text objects and "Run external application" function in the next betas.

Full post here

So I would say that there is a reasonable chance that this feature will be re-integrated in the next beta which should be avalaible... in 10 days ! :)

PS : even if my site is quite empty for the moment, it's now up and running again. :)

(Link in my signature)