WnSoft Forums

Butt load of money!!!!

Craig Kienast

....I've been able to get a sellable 8x10 off of a screen capture....then it struck me....

p2E makes the shows images fit the screen they are presented on....soooo the screen on my computer is 1280 rez wide.....the captures are 1280 rez wide.....

the original jpgs used to create the show are 2400 res wide.....whats the highest rez monitor on the market?

get the picture.....if I can get a screen capture that is say.......1800 res wide.....I can sleep tonight!

....I've been able to get a sellable 8x10 off of a screen capture....then it struck me....

p2E makes the shows images fit the screen they are presented on....soooo the screen on my computer is 1280 rez wide.....the captures are 1280 rez wide.....

the original jpgs used to create the show are 2400 res wide.....whats the highest rez monitor on the market?

get the picture.....if I can get a screen capture that is say.......1800 res wide.....I can sleep tonight!

The simple answer is to always make a back up of your original images :rolleyes:

Ron

Craig,

THe first thing you should do after taking your images is to save them down to CD,CD_Roms are a lot cheaper than high priced TV's and monitors, you will also get a better reproduction of your master pieces as they would have been saved as taken.

Tom.

Hi

Can see your dilemma, however if you can only rely on a screen capture why not then use software such as AlienSkin Blowup or GenuineFractals PrintPro to increase image size by up to 800% without any loss of quality. I have found both of these programs work exceedingly well. Hope this helps.

Regards

Tommy

Tommy,

I was interested to read your comments regarding the capability of AlienSkin Blowup & GenuineFractals PrintPro to increase an image size.

I have an image taken from a First World War photograph (so it's quite small) that I want to use in a slideshow, on the subject of Rememberance Sunday, that I'm working on. From your experience, would I get a reasonably satisfactory result, using one or other of these applications, if the size were to be increased to 1024 px wide?

John

CRAIG

"the MAC program "file Juicer" will extract jpgs and mp3s from .exe shows."

will juicer work on Intel windows formatted exe's?

from what i read it is a MAC OS program

ken

yes it will work on windows based exes.....it doesn't have to play the show.....it shreds it and gets the guts of the show....original jpgs and mp3s

yippy!!!!!!

Tommy,

I was interested to read your comments regarding the capability of AlienSkin Blowup & GenuineFractals PrintPro to increase an image size.

I have an image taken from a First World War photograph (so it's quite small) that I want to use in a slideshow, on the subject of Rememberance Sunday, that I'm working on. From your experience, would I get a reasonably satisfactory result, using one or other of these applications, if the size were to be increased to 1024 px wide?

John

Hi John,

Genuine Fractals, etc., are excellent interpolation programs and will increase the size of the images by adding pixel values gleaned from existing pixels, but do they work appreciably better than Photoshop's Bicubic or Bicubic smoother or Bicubic sharper - not to any great degree.

GF has, in past years been the overwhelming choice of professionals - I've used it since it was developed by Altamira software years ago as a means of transmitting large scans to a service bureau for printing. In the past few years other interpolation algorithms such as Pyramid, Lancozs, exc., have made great strides but don't expect miracles. These programs will not make an image any "better" than it already is, simply larger. The problem with small images is that we oftern can't visually discern problems but when we greatly enlarge them the problems become very apparent. It's possible to save a high quality image with Genuine Fractals in an extremely compressed mode then reopen it and expand to its original or much larger size, but the program can only "attempt" to maintain the integrity of the file when enlarging greatly. It can't improve on what's already there so if the original is flawless but small, the program can greatly enlarge with minimal degredation but you should try it before becoming too excited.

Best regards.

Lin

Hi John,

Genuine Fractals, etc., are excellent interpolation programs and will increase the size of the images by adding pixel values gleaned from existing pixels, but do they work appreciably better than Photoshop's Bicubic or Bicubic smoother or Bicubic sharper - not to any great degree.

Best regards.

Lin

Lin,

your comments are much appreciated. I have tried enlarging the particular image that I'm interested in, in Photoshop, using bicubic smoother, in 10% increments. The result does not fall very much short of what would be acceptable, for what I am trying to achieve.

Fortunately, for the sequence I have in mind a pin sharp image, totally free of blemishes, would not be in keeping with the mood of the thing.

Tommy has kindly volunteered to process the image for me. I'm hoping that it will result in a little bit better quality, than that obtained using Photoshop.

At least it will enable me to make a judgement on whether it's worth the investment.

John