WnSoft Forums

Improvements for V4.1?

Tom K

Okay, 4.0 has been released for two whole weeks now - time for more wish lists for the next version.

Number one on my list: thumbnails. I'd like to see an option for listing the picture files as thumbnails that could be dragged in order, just like the filenames are now.

My slideshows typicaly have several hundred pictures and sorting them into the order I want using just filenames is tiresome. I typically have ACDSee running in a window so I flip back and forth between the two, trying to remember which filenames I want to move to where. It'd be much easier if I could just see them in P2E.

Number two would be for objects added via the Object Editor to have an option of scaling up or down, as the picture does.

I typically have a "front page" slideshow with clickable objects in it that go to other sub-slideshows, and I usually want the picture to fill the sceen. So when users with different resolutions run it, the objects move around from where I originally placed them as the picture is scaled up or down to fill the screen. They may even start to overlap.

I'm sure there's other stuff that I want but that's it for the moment. Oh wait! I also want scrollable panoramas!

BTW, although I haven't posted for 6+ months, I've been using P2E for a couple of years and am very happy with what Igor's done to improve it.

Number one on my list would be the ability to change transition effects and duration from the timeline window (and to access the timeline window directly from the PTE main window).

Number two would be to change the PTE execution time engine so it automatically shortens the duration of a transition if the slide duration will be exceeded.

Harold

Gee we are not giving Igor much of a break here are we ??? :rolleyes:

Just to confuse things, I opt for one of Harold's

- "the ability to change transition effects and duration from the timeline window (and to access the timeline window directly from the PTE main window"

and one of Tom's

- " for objects added via the Object Editor to have an option of scaling up or down, as the picture does" (within differing screen resolutions)

Igor: do you want these coming in a haphazard way, like we are starting off here, or is there a more efficient way that can be devised, such as a listing that would be updated 1-2x per week with voting as the list changes.

(Keeping in mind some of our wishes might not be practical/possible)

Give us an inch and we want a mile (or is it a centimetre and a kilometre ?? :blink:

Thanks again Igor !!!

Just to participate in this play, I'll add my wish list :

1) "the ability to change transition effects and duration from the timeline window (and to access the timeline window directly from the PTE main window" (Harold);

2) to see the objects and not only the main image in time-line thumbnails (this is mine!);

3) "for objects added via the Object Editor, to have an option of scaling up or down, as the picture does", within differing screen resolutions (Tom).

In Italy they say: "Give him your hand, and he will take the whole arm"...

Some useful wishes there. Guru, in the UK we say "Give him an inch and he'll take a mile" , but what it is in metric ...???

Ron [uK]

Harold, Guido,

I agree with you about the priority of changing the transition effects and duration from timeline.

BTW I remember that Igor has promised to fulfil earlier than V4.10 as he wants to do it "with high quality"

My wishes are the thumbnails too and to change the transition effects in timeline.

Additionally it would spend a lot of time, when there is the possibility to fade out a song at a specific slide I want - so that a new song can start at the next slide. This is a feature in - Kai´s Power Show -. The show-file will then get much larger, but it will be very easy to combine some songs with only a part of them.

Because this feature does not exist, I have to cut and fade out each song in audacity and make one soundfile of it.

Then it is a lot of work to do an optimal syncronization music / slides.

Another point is, if I set a text in the - comment-field -, I can only give the positon top, bottom, left, right, center .... It would be much more easier to give the position with coordinates like object editor. For my show with 155 slides it takes a lot of time to change in ojekt editor and fill in text for every slide. If we could do this in main-window in the comment-field with the possibility to position the text like in object-editor, we woud spend a lot of clicking-time too.

What do you mean?