WnSoft Forums

Run Flash movie then pte show

Markoc

I'm trying to get my p2e exe file to start a flash movie, then have the flash movie run another p2e.exe file. I can put a button in my first p2e exe to launch the flash movie, but can't figure out how to have the flash movie automatically start the next p2e exe. Any ideas how this can be done?

Thanks!

Hi Guido,

thanks for your prompt reply. I've tried the flash utility and it works great with one exception. I've renamed the file: 5000.txt to 10000.txt, but when I run the Flashhtml module I get an error message saying that the txt file is missing. It seems that I won't get the error message if I have the txt file named 5000.txt, but I need 10000 miliseconds for the flash movie to run. (Could really use 12000 miliseconds, but thats not an option). Any ideas? Maybe I've read the readme file wrong, but I thought I got it right.

Mark

Hi Markoc

Can you please tell me exactly what is the error message ?

Also can you try other numbers like 30000.txt and see if you still get the error message. I checked it and didn't find bugs but my eyes are old and maybe I missed something. Also, I hope you wrote 10000.txt and not 10,000.txt.

Thanks

boxig (Granot)

Hi Boxig.

The error message I get is a popup that says thats there is a txt file missing and to contact the maker to send you a new file. I only get the error if I rename the txt file 5000.txt to any other number like 10000.txt or 30000.txt. It doesn't show up if I keep the 5000.txt file as is. The flash file does run though, but I can't see it unless I press the 'ok' button that is with the missing txt file error.

Thanks for you help,

Mark

Mark

I uploaded a new file of the utility and also added your time = 12000.

Please check that it works OK and let me know. I will try to see if I can make the time unlimited for next update so you can choose the time you want. (By the way, the problem was a small * which was not in the right place).

since I don't know when it will be updated on bill's site, go to my site for download of the new file:

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com

This is few hours later:

I made a new version where you can write the time you want, any time, in a text file and you are not limited to my times. I checked it on my computer and it works fine. I must say I break my head how to do it since I had to find a way how to input your time from the text file to the script inside the program. I am very thankful to you since till now everyone told me it's not possible. So go to my site for download and please let me know how it works.

Thank you

Granot

Hi Granot,

The changes you made to the FlashUtility are exactly what I needed for my project.

It's perfect !!!!! I actually needed to set the time to 15550 to get my flash intro to end exactly right. Thanks again for taking the time to change this for me. you are "the man".

Mark