WnSoft Forums

COMPARE VIEWING TV VS MONITOR

Ken Cox

This has been around the forum many times -- it follows the "what screen resolution, what size should should my picts be " questions that are continually brought up.

SEE

COMPARE VIEWING TV VS MONITOR

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=CO...earch&meta=

http://tech.yahoo.com/gd/viewing-digital-v...-versus-tv/2467

http://www.masternewmedia.org/2005/06/04/i...evision_key.htm

http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/dlptelevision.html

Although Wayne Fulton's site is called scantips

http://www.scantips.com/

he has a wealth of info re the whole graphics scene

as well he has a test

Video Screen Resolution Poll - Which settings do we use?

See a NEW popularity survey of your video screen resolution settings

Hi END TV sets have evolved to the point of taking computer signals, memory cards etc and putining them on the screen

-- and the images are great -- without having a monitor and one of the big sets side by side or in the same room to compare, it is hard to say which is best -- likely the monitor due to the size

-- but one does not have a problem reading normal text on a normal tv -- tv stations format for the tv

- graphics boards have been available for many years that take a tv signal input - standard and svhs and put on the monitor screen --- but if the signal is not strong the results are the same as would be on the tv - garbage in garbage out ;)

ken

Hi Ken,

I wish you had you this response in answer to my "How to produce high quality video CD/DVDs?" post, it might have saved some duplication!

leonard

Ken,

Please amend "I wish you had you this response" to read "I wish you had entered this response "

leonard

"How to produce high quality video CD/DVDs"

well Leonard, it was not in the proper section

"How to create video"

that section was instituted in 2003 when Igor first allowed us to make vcd,svcd and a very few members -- dvd's

I try not to answer threads that are not properly posted in the proper area-- it makes things so much easier when searching things out within the forum - I have developed my own faq file over the years and it is very difficult keeping things orderly

ken

If I had been in your shoes I would have replied asking the offender to transfer his subject to the correct area.

Perhaps you should remind members that to help you in future they should ensure they raise their issue in the correct Forum, otherwise you might not be able to help them.

Do we need a General Forum for non-technical issues?

leonard

We have tried to get members to post in the proper area many times -- not too much success i'm afraid :(

ken

Moderators cope quite well over at the NIKONIANS site - if something is in the wrong place they just move it to the right place and put a notice up to that effect.

They are also quite good at PINNING tutorials etc to the tops of forums so that people don't have to go searching for info - it is right there where it should be for all to see.

DaveG

This is not the only feature/area of the PTE Forums which is in need of an overhaul. The present method of expecting 'newbies' to search back through the endless stream of topics in search of an issue requiring an immediate answer (as they see it) is timewasting, frustrating, often fruitless and frankly downright archaic.

Newbies are faced with a system which is set in concrete and where the authors, whoever they are, just don't want to know. The present system is set up specifically to deal with individual technical issues without much thought being given to the big picture. Anyone who has experienced the good and poor websites knows what I mean.

Perhaps someone can point me to the place where I can read the Forums Terms of Reference so that I may see whether or not it is achieving its aims and objectives.

As with so many of these 'General' topics there is no place to put them so that we may ALL contribute to the wellbeing of the Site, and even perhaps, give Igor and his team a much needed hand in its administration, maintenance and support. Once more a general topic is submerged in a specific technical enquiry which in itself needed a 'home of its own'. This point is so true of many posts, so how can you expect the newbie to find what he is looking for.

I expect to get a high level of negativity if my experience with the Documentation subject is anything to go by, but I live in hope.

Please feel free to be critical, but please let it be constructive.

leonard

Just so there is no misunderstanding here - this is not a crusade by me to satisfy my requirements.

I am trying to represent the views of all newbies who is mystified by the way you do business and hope that my comments might prompt you all to think widely and creatively in the hope of making you see the need for improvements. A fresh mind can sometimes do good by rocking the boat and I have done that deliberately over the past week or so.

As I said in another post in this forum, if you are all satisfied with your modus operandi then so be it.

I do have better things to do with my time.

leonard