WnSoft Forums

Barry Beckham web site

Peter Coles

Accidental Misinformation re Barry Beckham’s web site www.beckhamdigital.co.uk.

Following an article by Peter Frampton in AV WORLD which included:

“He (Barry Beckham) has now retired and is off to Australia to live and I have a feeling that this site will probably close down. I hope I’m wrong.”

Barry has sent me the following:

“A lot of people have read it wrongly and think that we WILL be closing the site, plus we cannot even fill our application to migrate to Australia till February 2007 and then it can take up to a year to get your visa (if applicable and medicals are not failed) then we have at least 18 months as we have a house to sell etc.

Our site and shop on line will continue if we get to Australia - nothing will change apart from our home address and phone number. “

As Editor of AV WORLD I regret this accidental misinformation.

AV WORLD No 40 was our last issue as the Royal Photographic Society has at long last (after ten years!) seen the light and now allows nonmembers to purchase their magazine, “AV News”. For details of this contact brian-jeffs@tiscali.co.uk

"AV WORLD No 40 was our last issue "

and it will be missed!

Thanks Peter & all others who contributed to making AV World an excellent source of information & stimulation to those "into" AV and those who may just be starting off.

I have just received the following from Carol Beckham:

"We will start our application in Feb 07 when our Daughter has her Permanent Residency and has been in Australia for 2 years.

It can take up to a year to get a visa, provising we pass our medicals, and then we need to sell our house once visa is in our hand and not before so I

think you are looking at least 18 months or so before we leave the country to start our new life in Oz.

We will still be doing business with all our customers as we plan to carry on with Beckham Digital and all the tutorials.

We will probably set our Son and his Fiance up with our master copies of tutorials so that any orders I get on line I will email them to my Son

and he will print out the invoices and sent them out to the UK customers from the the UK instead of people waiting a few days for us to send them from Oz.

So nothing will change apart from our home address and telephone number.

Please be assured that the web site and on line shop of BECKHAM DIGITAL with Carol & Barry will continue."

Yes, I too think Barry's tutorials are something special!

It's great to hear that Barry will be joining us down here to OZ. I may be able to get to one or two of his excellent lectures now. :)

I have learnt so much from his tuts, articles, etc

Thanks Barry and keep up the great work.

John.