WnSoft Forums

not all bugs are bad !

HvK

Igor,

I just discovered some awesome transition effect that only can be creating when you SET the timesettings in 4.8 first and then load the file in pte 5!

It's something I already wanted for years but it never was possible before so probably this happened accidentically OR I really missed a real big trick so far.

I was searching for a possibility to make 1 moving slide from 8 pictures and I think I accidently found it and it works well too. suddenly I had a nice preview from from all 54 pictures in my project... that were on a contant move .... running from right to left continuesly! and very smootly too

So what actually happened!!!

I was trying to make a kind of smooth running effect with the push effect from right to left. Of course the slide stopped even when I put the settings on just 1ms in main option. So I tried increase timing of the duration of the effect and increase this timing up to 8sec. Of course my idea didn't work and the slide still stopped

Then I thought let me try and see what I can do in version 5 with the pan effect and I got this time error message again with interval time before I wanted to preview the show. I then saw that the duration time I set in version 4 became the interval timing in version 5. So I moved up to 4 and back to 5 a few times and changing the settings.

Then suddenly one nice continues running slideshow coming from the right keeps running until the end!

wow eureka!

now I can make something nice from my geyser shots!

Sadly I can't make any changes so it's a bug ..... as soon I change anything the effect is not possible anymore. I only can delete pics from the project but if I include or change a pic the effect not possible anymore! That's a pity.

However... I didn't do anything in objects or animation. It's just created with project options.

For those interested in what I mean see sample~

http://www.spellofnature.com/html/slideshow.htm

geyser5 zip

AS you can see clearly the pics are not in center because the option doesn't work with selection yet!

Meanwhile I slow down the speed to 15sec and the pictures get almost their original sharpnes now!

They are a bit blur in the sample on my site because of the speed of 10 sec! I keep trying and will let you know when I see more interesting things!

AS you can see clearly the pics are not in center because the option doesn't work with selection yet!

Meanwhile I slow down the speed to 15sec and the pictures get almost their original sharpnes now!

They are a bit blur in the sample on my site because of the speed of 10 sec! I keep trying and will let you know when I see more interesting things!

Looks great - what a cool effect!

Best regards,

Lin

OK I got hair sharp pics now by using the same trick and set the duration time at 25sec in version 4.8. I also find a way to keep the pics in the center now. Just using the left and right arrow key on my keyboard.

Please note the trick only works when you set the slide time at 1ms in version 4. ONLY then pte version 5 will take the duration time as you set it in version 4 and skip the interval. You cannot change the interval time or duration time in version 5 because then the trick doesn't work either anymore!

By changing the pictures by using the root I can keep the "good bug" but as soon I add a new pic all the time settings are gone.

So what's left is using the file I made in version 4 and changing the pics in their root setting! That trick works for me since a very long time. (works also very well when you get errors sometimes!)

I also discover that I can add pics in objects in version 5 in this file without changing the effects!

PTE version 5 can not read 1x1 pixels so I have still a problem with my old files because I use black 1x1 pixel files as background in 80% of my previous shows !

Please note the trick only works when you set the slide time at 1ms in version 4. ONLY then pte version 5 will take the duration time as you set it in version 4 and skip the interval.

This is because in v.4 the duration time is separate from the transition time, whereas in v.5, the duration time includes the transition time.