WnSoft Forums

How to fade out the last slide?

Gerdi

Does anybody know how I can fade out the last slide in PTE 5?

Another question: How can I fade in an object onto a picture (i. e. a text on a picture)

Gerdi

You can easily do the fade out by setting a keypoint where you want the fade to begin with 100% opacity. Set another keypoint at the end of the timeline for the slide with opacity at zero. Just reverse the process to fade in a PNG text object. Set the opacity at zero at the start of the slide, set another one also at zero where you want the fade in to begin, finally set the third keypoint at 100% where you want the text to be seen completely. If you want to then fade it out, set another keypoint with opacity at zero.

The essence is that when you go from zero (or anything less than 100% opacity) to 100% this will happen between two keypoints. For example, if you start with zero opacity and your slide is set to display for 20 seconds and you have a keypoint at 20 seconds with the opacity set for 100%, the image will gradually appear over the full time. So if you want it to begin somewhere other than at the start, you need an additional keypoint also set to zero so between the start time of the slide and start time for the animation (fade in or out, etc.) the image will stay either on or off depending on the opacity setting. How fast it fades in or out depends on how closely you set the timing on the second two keypoints.

Lin

You have to fade the music in the music program, like Audacity. There is no control in PTE for fading music. You can play a number if music files in succession (although most of the advice I've seen is to prepare 1 file in Audacity that contains all the "songs") but I don't know of any way to control the volume from within PTE. Hope this helps. ;)

You have to fade the music in the music program, like Audacity. There is no control in PTE for fading music. You can play a number if music files in succession (although most of the advice I've seen is to prepare 1 file in Audacity that contains all the "songs") but I don't know of any way to control the volume from within PTE. Hope this helps. ;)

Thanks for your answer. It would be great, if it would be possible in future to fade the audio in PTE, because if you erase a slide in the show you have to edit the audio in Audacity again...

Does anybody know how I can fade out the last slide in PTE 5?

I have found the easyist way to do this is to add a blank black image, (slide), at the end of the show and then fade to it. Usually I have a display slide time of 20-30 sec on the blank slide.

It would be great, if it would be possible in future to fade the audio in PTE, because if you erase a slide in the show you have to edit the audio in Audacity again...

Yes it would be great if PTE had sound editing functions, I too have found it time consuming using several programs to edit, (build), the audio track them have to make changes to the audio when a small change is made in the slides, maybe one day it will happen. :)

regards

John.