WnSoft Forums

Preparing photos ..

mellow

I know cameras shoot square pixels but I need output for full screen (no bars) 16:9 without zoom, just pans. What exact measurements do I need to make my photos before bringing them into PTE Beta 8R ..? TIA for any help.

My approach would be:

crop your image to include everything you want to include when the Pan is set up.

Make the height of the images the pixel height of whatever you have set your monitor resolution.

If you have Photoshop, or a similar image editor, this is most conveniently achieved using the Crop Tool

using a pre-set crop height, in pixels, equal to the monitor vertical resolution, leave the Crop Tool

horizontal pre-set blank

Good luck

John

Ebenist ...

The show will be burned to DVD Widescreen. I've searched the forum extensively for info on this but there seems to be different solutions and they apparently don't work the same on all TV widescreen sets. This whole DVD widescreen thing is a real pain for everyone, it seems. The square vs. rectangular pixels is a nightmare. You'd think there would be standards that would work across the board but I'm finding out this is not so. And to top it all off, watching any photo on a big widescreen TV doesn't even come close to the quality you get on a computer no matter how well you prepare the slide. What a pity. Anyway, thanks for your input. I'll see how that goes and get back.

I'm not completely sure my answer is a good one to your question but here what I made for a recent slideshow I wanted to be 16:9 ratio with 4:3 pictures.

I just set the aspect ratio of my slideshow to 16:9, imported my 4:3 pictures as they are (without cropping them), set them in "cover slide" mode and pan them a little bit up or down depending on each photo (holding down the shift key to perfectly keep them centered, ie x=0). :)

The weight of the exe is a little bit bigger than with 16:9 pictures but I found it faster to do it this way than in a photoeditor and it gave me more flexibility to apply zoom. :)