WnSoft Forums

Choreography or what?

ecps

It seems to me that one of the delights of photography is its blend between science and art. The 'wizards' at Nikon, Canon, Sony etc produce ever more wonderful cameras for us to use but then it is over to us to get creative - to use light and colour not just to record an event, but to evoke a feeling.

If this marriage between science and art is true of capturing images it is becoming more and more true of presenting them as well. Up till now we have had the challenge of selecting appropriate music in our slideshows and then deciding upon when and how we will move from slide to slide. We can, of course, just space them out equally but one of the delights of PTE is that it enables us to synchronize to precise moments in the music which seem to us to be particularly appropriate. It does not matter whether we call this 'taste' or an empathy with both music and images - it is an art form.

And now with v5 'the wizard Igor' and his colleagues are opening up for us even more possibilities. As pictures move and zoom we have to decide where from and where to. When should we use motion, when cut, when fade? How can we use the new flexibility of this great software to enhance the experience of looking at our images? How can we help others not just to see the pictures of a summer's day but to feel the warmth of the sun?

It seems to me that this art form is the 'home choreography' for the digital age. We love doing it, but I am not sure that we have a word to sum it up. It is not just 'arranging the pictures'. It is far more - but what do we call it?

Any ideas?

Eddie.