WnSoft Forums

Inserting blank or title slides

Darius

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, however I'm new to PTE having just downloaded Version 4.48.

My question is how does one add a blank slide to the presentation, I read in a previous post that this is possible.

I need to add a blank slide with added text to use as a presentation title slide.

Thanks.

Mike L

Mike,

Welcome to the Forum and to the wonderful world of PTE!

To have your image show up as a blank, uncheck "Show Image" in the main window. This feature is not available yet in version 5, beta, however.

You can also create a "dummy" black slide and use that. Some people create a 1-pixel by 1-pixel black slide and use that to conserve file size, but I wouldn't recommend this approach as it may not be compatible with version 5.

Best of luck! :)

Thanks, Al

That worked just fine.

You can also create a "dummy" black slide and use that. Some people create a 1-pixel by 1-pixel black slide and use that to conserve file size, but I wouldn't recommend this approach as it may not be compatible with version 5.

However I presume you mean create a dummy black slide, or image, outside of PTE; is that the case?

Thanks

However I presume you mean create a dummy black slide, or image, outside of PTE; is that the case?

Yes, that's correct. I usually keep several sizes around in a separate folder and copy one to the new folder I create whenever I commence a new show.

I create a blank slide in Photoshop, (elements or CS), by selecting a new image and then selecting the background colour, (black in this case), then the size, dementions, resolution etc. Save it with the name you require then add it to your PTE project as you would any other slide.

If you require to add text for a title to the blank background this can be done and saved as a second slide, then a simple transition from the blank slide will bring up the title. Or to the blank slide will fade the title out.

• 6 months later...
Thanks, Al

That worked just fine.

Thanks

Hi, Al,

This is my first post. What a great forum. I Just got PTE last night and am doing fairly well so far. Even managed to do some simple animations! Woo hoo!

But, my question is: do we still need to create our own blank slides? I don't see a way to automatically insert one, but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks, Felix

Hi Felix,

In version 5.0 there isn't a way to "directly" and automatically insert a blank slide from a menu choice, etc., but you "can" do it this way:

Put a regular but unwanted slide in where you want the blank to appear, then go to the Objects and Animations screen and delete it. This will leave a blank slide at that position which you can then use as a backdrop for text, etc.

The original will remain in the main "slide list" an look just as it did when you entered it, but when the show is played having deleted it from the Objects and Animations screen it will appear as a blank (black) screen with whatever text or other animated objects you may have added via the Objects and Animations screen.

Actually, I find it helpful to create a folder and place blank jpg's of various colors, gradients, etc., which can be used over and over whenever needed for title screens, etc.

Lin

Hi, Al,

This is my first post. What a great forum. I Just got PTE last night and am doing fairly well so far. Even managed to do some simple animations! Woo hoo!

But, my question is: do we still need to create our own blank slides? I don't see a way to automatically insert one, but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks, Felix

Hi Felix,

In version 5.0 there isn't a way to "directly" and automatically insert a blank slide from a menu choice, etc., but you "can" do it this way:

Put a regular but unwanted slide in where you want the blank to appear, then go to the Objects and Animations screen and delete it. This will leave a blank slide at that position which you can then use as a backdrop for text, etc.

The original will remain in the main "slide list" an look just as it did when you entered it, but when the show is played having deleted it from the Objects and Animations screen it will appear as a blank (black) screen with whatever text or other animated objects you may have added via the Objects and Animations screen.

Actually, I find it helpful to create a folder and place blank jpg's of various colors, gradients, etc., which can be used over and over whenever needed for title screens, etc.

Lin

Lin,

Thanks for the reply. Your idea of creating custom "blanks" sounds like the way to go, then. Easy and cheap! ;)

How are things up there on the Berthoud Pass? (used to summer vacation in that neck of the woods as a kid).

--Felix