WnSoft Forums

How to install newest version of PTE

carolphoto

Hi,

I have been using version 4.4 of PTE, but want to upgrade to version 5, or whatever the newest version is. Please give me all of the steps I need to take (even the most obvious!), as the instructions I got from the email from PTE do not work. When I follow them, all I see when I look at my All Programs list is the old version. I do see the icon for the Registration in my hard drive. That's as far as I am able to get.

Thanks a lot,

Carol

Hi, Carol,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is the way I do it (you can just install it into the existing folder, but I prefer to keep the different versions separate).

I make a copy of the present PicturesToExe folder (or make a new folder and copy all the existing files to it).

Download the new "beta" version into the new folder (it will be a "zip" file).

Unzip it and drag (or copy) the 5 files over to the new folder, replacing the 5 similar files that are there from the previous version.

Find the "setup" file and double-click on it. Follow instructions, and you should have a new icon on your desktop which you can use for version 5, in addition to the one for version 4.

Please don't hesitate to come back for more help if something doesn't work for you. :)

I may be wrong but early on with Version 5.0, I believe that Igor arranged for Version 5.0 to create its own folder, as many of us were overwriting our latest Version 4.0.

Ron [uK]

I may be wrong but early on with Version 5.0, I believe that Igor arranged for Version 5.0 to create its own folder, as many of us were overwriting our latest Version 4.0.

Ron [uK]

Ron, I think you may be correct, but I still prefer to keep things separate - I have a separate folder for each of the betas just so I know exactly where things are, and can compare the dates for each version, and be able to tell which files were changed in each version, too. Handy for beta-testing! :)

Hi, Carol,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is the way I do it (you can just install it into the existing folder, but I prefer to keep the different versions separate).

I make a copy of the present PicturesToExe folder (or make a new folder and copy all the existing files to it).

Download the new "beta" version into the new folder (it will be a "zip" file).

Unzip it and drag (or copy) the 5 files over to the new folder, replacing the 5 similar files that are there from the previous version.

Find the "setup" file and double-click on it. Follow instructions, and you should have a new icon on your desktop which you can use for version 5, in addition to the one for version 4.

Please don't hesitate to come back for more help if something doesn't work for you. :)