- Save your project

- reopen your project

- modify the comment of a slide

- resave it

Everything is OK

- reopen your project

- click on the Project Options button and do nothing. Just close it

- resave your project

When you reopen your project all slides have as comment their name, even the one you changed.

In conclusion, when you use the Set comments for all slides as:, changing individual slide comment will be lost as soon as you open the Project Options !

If this behaviour is shared with other users, is there a chance this will be corrected or is the current v4.48 (issued 10 months ago) definitively the last commercial version of PTE before v5, awaited since 1 year and a half ?

PTE v4.48

- open a project

- Project Options

- Comments

- check Set comments for all slides as:

- choose Picture name

- Save your project

- reopen your project

- modify the comment of a slide

- resave it

Everything is OK

Patrick, everything is not OK. After you modify the comment of a slide, and before you save the project, open project options again and de-select "Select comments for all slides as" on the "Comments" tab. This will prevent Proj Ops from changing the custom comments you added. :)

Patrick, everything is not OK. After you modify the comment of a slide, and before you save the project, open project options again and de-select "Select comments for all slides as" on the "Comments" tab. This will prevent Proj Ops from changing the custom comments you added. :)

No... I want comments for all slides just taken from its file name, but for some of them I have to change this comment or let it blank.

De-selecting this feature will oblige me to type all comments... not interesting for numerous slides !

Patrick

i think you have to click custom slide box on the ones that have custom comments

ken

I didn't make use of personalized options for each slides as my slideshow is composed of nearly 100 slides for which I want the comments equal to their file name (place names) except for 4 of them.

So best was to choose global project options and just change the comments for the particular slides.

When you do so, just clicking the Project Options button and then saving your project will erase the changes you did and all slides will have default settings !

When you do so, just clicking the Project Options button and then saving your project will erase the changes you did and all slides will have default settings !

Patrick,

Igor already addressed this problem many moons ago, and provided a way to both globally enter comments and also retain custom comments.

1. Use "Proj Ops / Comments" to assign file names to the comments for all slides.

2. Exit Project Options. This will make the comments visible on all slides.

3. Open Project Options again and uncheck "Select comments for all slides". This will disable the ability of Proj Ops to change your custom comments.

4. Type your custom comments in "Comments" on the main window for each of the 4 slides you want to customize. Project Options will not change these now.

The order of operations I described earlier will also work. :)

Patrick,

Igor already addressed this problem many moons ago, and provided a way to both globally enter comments and also retain custom comments.

1. Use "Proj Ops / Comments"

The order of operations I described earlier will also work. :)

Thank you for your clear process description and sorry for my misunderstanding your earlier message...

checking then unchecking an item so that it works fine isn't very intuitive ! :blink:

Of course I made a search in the forum but not easy to find the best items and if not enough precise there are dozens of answers !

checking then unchecking an item so that it works fine isn't very intuitive ! :blink:

Maybe not, but at least it also provides a way to globally clear all custom comments and replace them if you want.