WnSoft Forums

Cannot disable "Quick (no transition effect)" on 8u

Allogagaw

Created a show that lets PTE select select specific group of random transition effects.

This show has about 400 slides and runs about 12 minutes (so it already has a pretty quick pace)

I have discovered that some of the slides are only on the screen for just a flash!!! (a half a second) While others seem to hang on the screen for almost two seconds.

I am pretty sure this only happens when the program has decided to use the "Quick" effect.

So I thought I would just disable it and force the program to assign longer transitions!

Well on 4.48 the check box for "Quick" used to be the very last box on the selections.

Beta 5.8u does not list it at all!!

I cannot turn it off :(

The problem seems to be much worse on my Laptop than my PC (obviously a better Video card).

(Unfortunately I WAS needing to use my Laptop for the show)

If I had not spent so much time developing a fancy opening using PTE 5 effects, I would return to 4.48 for this show!!!

It does not seem to make a difference whether it is an EXE or Preview.

I have not tried to burn a DVD (yet)

In addition, I have noticed that when using a "Start Up Window" the background is transparent not black.

(you can see the computer desktop under the window)

What do you mean by a "Startup Window"?

OK, I think I know what you are referring to. It may be that the"Startup Window" is not fully functional in the new beta. It's not transparent in my example. Have you assigned an image to it?

Guest Techman1

I have discovered that some of the slides are only on the screen for just a flash!!! (a half a second) While others seem to hang on the screen for almost two seconds.

Mark,

You might check whether the files have been sized down enough to allow them to show along with the various transitions in a timely fashion. I've seen a problem similar to what you are experiencing when I have used large (greater than 1mb in size) image files. Some transitions take a bit longer to process and at times this eats into the time for the next slide. Thus looking like some slides are extremely fast while others run longer. This might be why it runs a bit slower on your laptop (HD speed and Graphics Card).

Hopefully, this is on the right track. If not, at least we've eliminated one possible problem.

Good luck,

Fred

Thank you both...

Have you assigned an image to it?

No...

If you assign an image to it, then the start button is disabled

(that is why I was needing to use it)

I kind of suspected that this feature was not fully implemented. I was merely making sure Igor had it on his "to do" list!!!

You might check whether the files have been sized down enough to allow them to show along with the various transitions in a timely fashion.

Fred,

You may be on to something here!!!

(I do have one contributor that is giving me huge image files)

I am resizing all the images as I am typing....

FOLLOW UP COMMENT:

Resizing the images fixed my problem...

And in addition, now that it runs correctly (even on my laptop)...

I discovered that PTE did not assign ANY QUICK Transitions whatsoever!!!

(But the check box IS still missing)

Guest Techman1

Resizing the images fixed my problem...

And in addition, now that it runs correctly (even on my laptop)...

Mark,

I'm glad that fixed that part of the problem. As you know, PTE is still in Beta so there are a number of things not completely implemented yet. It sounds like the next Beta (#9) will be very close though.

Take care,

Fred

Allogagaw

Glad to see you got it working the way you want.

Well on 4.48 the check box for "Quick" used to be the very last box on the selections.

Beta 5.8u does not list it at all!!

Ver 5. Beta 8U

The “ Quick “ no Transitions check box that you are used to seeing in 4.48 is in the “ Customize “ box. If you use this, also go to “ Main “ section in same box and set “ Display Time for (sec)

You can customize slides with “ Quick “ no Transitions

After reading your post over again, I see that you were creating your presentation with transition effects.

Just a note of interest.

If you wish the majority of your slides to have “No” transitions

To enable all slides with “ Quick “ no transitions.

Project Options – Effect – uncheck (Enable Transition Effects)

Project Options – Main – at bottom set the “ Time Interval for new Slides “ (example 2 sec)

Click – “ Set for Existing Slides “ – will do all slides at 2 sec or what ever time you choose with quick no transitions.

You can then reverse the procedure and customize the individual slides you wish, for any transitions effect and display time.

--------------------------

Added

Mark

PTE will not assign a “ Quick “ no transition effect, this has to be done manually.

Yes if your images were very large and transitions short your show would run irregular and would give you the quick no transition appearance.

Sound advise Fred