WnSoft Forums

PTE5: how to prepare for 16:1 DVD

calman

Hello board,

I am new to PTE. I used PTE4.8 and successfully created a very good show. Now I am trying Beta5 to burn to DVD. When burning I chose 16:1 format and when viewing on my widescreen TV the pictures are stretching. Any inputs on how to fix this?

How do I find out how if my slide show will fit in one DVD? Does the length of the whole show or the quality of pictures decide this?

Thank you for any help.

Cal.

Cal,

Welcome to the Forum!

This may seem like a dumb question but are you using wide-screen images? What resolution? What aspect ratio have you selected in PTE Project Options / Screen? Have you checked 16:9 in Video Builder, and if so, does the menu screen look OK in the DVD?

Apparently, the video file size is independent of the size of the images and I'm not sure if quality has any impact or not. You might want to do an experiment to find out. You could try just saving the video files to the HD, and check the size of the folders and images.

Hello Alrobin,

First of all, I meant 16:9 (not 16:1 :).

Yes, I am not using widescreen images. I will try with widescreen images, and will set 16:9 from PTE project. Thanks.

Cal,

Welcome to the Forum!

This may seem like a dumb question but are you using wide-screen images? What resolution? What aspect ratio have you selected in PTE Project Options / Screen? Have you checked 16:9 in Video Builder, and if so, does the menu screen look OK in the DVD?

Apparently, the video file size is independent of the size of the images and I'm not sure if quality has any impact or not. You might want to do an experiment to find out. You could try just saving the video files to the HD, and check the size of the folders and images.

Hello Ken,

That is a lot information for me, guess it's not a straight forward answer to the question (if my show will fit into one DVD?).

One the ratio part, I change to 16:9 setting from PTE project, and when DVD burning option I also set the ratio to 16:9, and the DVD display on my widescreen fine (without stretching horizontally), however the top and bottom of pictures got cut off a bit. My pictures are of 1024x680 resolution. Thanks for your help.

Cal,

however the top and bottom of pictures got cut off a bit. My pictures are of 1024x680 resolution.

Cal,

Did they actually get cut off? Or resized so that there were black bars ("letter-boxing") at the top and bottom?

If you are viewing an a TV set, you can expect some cutoff - if viewing on the pc monitor, they should just appear resized with black bars where the image won't quite fit the monitor (without distorting the image).

It would be great if you could include a photo of the screen showing the results.