WnSoft Forums

Newbie - Key Not Recognized

Marlene

I was just reading Spudger's thread and I am in the same category as her. Bought PTE to compliment ProShow Producer.

I did download the trial and what I was trying wasn't working so I thought what the heck is another $30 Canadian invested in another program so proceeded to buy it.

I was sent the "key" but when I open the file where it is located it is not recognized (doesn't show up).

Any suggestions?

Marlene

p.s. Spudger between the two of us we should get that book flipping figured out for our PSP presentations. :D

Hi Marlene,

Welcome to the Forum, This is the only help I can give but there sure are others who will

be on line later if this doesn't work for you. www.guru.to.it/en/tips/regkey_en.htm Just got this site

for explanation of loading Key.

Good luck Ray

p.s. Spudger between the two of us we should get that book flipping figured out for our PSP presentations. :D

Marlene,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure you can do this in PSP. B)

All you do to get the key to work is save it to your PTE folder and double click on it. If you have any trouble getting this to work, let us know, and I'm sure someone can get you going.

Where in Canada are you located? We could be neighbours. :)

I'm sure you can't do this in PSP. Actually, there are some parts of what is done which are applicable to PSP but there are parent/child relationships using rectangles to create trapazoid shapes which there is no way to do in PSP so better to simply follow JPD's instructions for PTE then export as an AVI then import the AVI in PSP if you already have other parts of your slideshow built. Otherwise best to do it all in PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

Marlene,

Welcome to the Forum!

All you do to get the key to work is save it to your PTE folder and double click on it. If you have any trouble getting this to work, let us know, and I'm sure someone can get you going.

Thanks for the welcome.

I realize that whatever I do in PTE will have to be converted to AVI for PSP. No problemo. That is if I can get PTE working.

Al, sorry we are along way apart. I am in Saskatchewan. In fact I had never been further East than the Saskatchewan border until about 3 years ago when we went to Toronto. Our youngest son met and fell in love with a girl from Toronto and that is where they live. I hope to get back and visit there soon.

Marlene

Marlene,

Welcome to the Forum!

I didn't realize until now that it was you that gave the info. regarding the key. By "your PTE folder" do you mean the PTE folder under programs? I am going to go and copy the key to that folder and see what happens. If it doesn't work I will probably be back.

Marlene

Okay got the key to work.

NOW I am off searching how to import a template.

What have I got myself into????????? :o

Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Just download JPD's zip file and unzip it into a folder of its own. Next you start PTE and open JPD's PTE file and you will find a number of files which are used for the program. There is also an explanation of how to proceed which you will see as a text file (.txt) and can read with your text editor. My suggestion is to duplicate JPD's files in another folder then you can delete them when you are ready to substitute your own files for his.

Jean-Pierre is not a native English speaker but does very well I think with the explanation, but perhaps I can help translate it so it's a bit easier to understand for a native English speaker.

There are a couple files which you need to create as PNG files with the same names as JPD uses, but with your own content. It's very important to create them with the identical file dimensions. These files will replace JPD's files with the same names and dimensions Then you will need to create or crop existing jpg files to same dimensions as the files JPD uses. Then you will simply substitute your own files for JPD's files and keep your file names identical to those JPD used. I would suggest saving JPD's original, then duplicating it in another working folder. Start by just creating a single jpg of the proper dimensions then use Photoshop, etc., to overwrite JPD's "Image 01.jpg" with your own Image 01.jpg then open up PTE, load the PTE file from the working folder and see how it works before getting too far along with creating your own jpg files. Then follow the roadmap below:

First create your title png file with the dimensions of 265x228 pixels and name it the same as JPD's. This file name must be "Titre-Title.png"

Next create another png file with transparent background called "Nom-Name.png" with the dimensions of 295x71 pixels.

Next create a jpg file and name it "Fond.jpg" with the dimensions 1152 x 864. This file will become the background on which the book rests. It can be any jpg you wish as long as the dimensions are 1152x864 and you name it Fond.jpg.

Create or find 56 jpg images and make or crop them to exactly 382 pixels wide and 542 pixels high. They should be named "Image 01.jpg" to "Image 56.jpg" The order they will appear is such that "Image 01" will be the page displayed on the right with "Image 02.jpg" on the left, etc., so arrange you image in the order you wish them to appear keeping that progression in mind.

To begin with, don't try to get too fancy and add any PZR beyond what JPD has already done until you understand the program. JPD has set this up to be saved as a "screen saver" but you can just save it as a regular PTE file. When creating a screen saver (.scr) file with PTE normally the program is designed to use any mouse movement to end the display just as all normal screen saver programs. This feature (the ability to detect mouse movement and exit the presentation) is not yet enabled in the beta, and since you will be making an AVI to add to your Proshow slideshow just create it as an AVI rather than a screen saver.

The title file (first one discussed) will replace Elle le dit avec des Fleurs and the Nom-Name.png will replace the file at the end of the presentation on the last page.

You may also change the outside (Photo Album) text but you need to keep the size of the file the same.

If you get in trouble, just ask and we can help you get going.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Marlene,

Glad to hear you got your key installed and everything working.

I realize that whatever I do in PTE will have to be converted to AVI for PSP. No problemo. That is if I can get PTE working.

Once you become familiar with PTE you will probably not need to use PSP at all - particularly after version 5 is finalized. But for now it will be handy to be able to use the best features of each one and so have the best of both worlds.

Al, sorry we are along way apart. I am in Saskatchewan. In fact I had never been further East than the Saskatchewan border until about 3 years ago when we went to Toronto. Our youngest son met and fell in love with a girl from Toronto and that is where they live. I hope to get back and visit there soon.

I don't know too many PTE users in Toronto, and even fewer in Saskatchewan. I guess PSP is pretty popular in both places. We drive through Sask. every couple of years on our way to or from the west coast. The last time was last spring.

I would strongly suggest that you play around with a few simple mini-slideshows now until you become familiar with where everything is, and how it works. At the same time download some of the tutorials, and go through them. And then ask lots of questions.

Good luck with your templates! Don't forget that you need to download the latest "beta" (or "preliminary") version of PTE and install it before you can do anything with PZR effects. :)

I just dropped in to tell Lin what the latest problems were that I was having and I think that Al may have answered my question when he said

Good luck with your templates! Don't forget that you need to download the latest "beta" (or "preliminary") version of PTE and install it before you can do anything with PZR effects.

When I tried to open any of the PTE links i.e. The Dom's Big Picture and a few others I always got the message "Project files created with pictures to EXE v1.00=v1.6 are not supported now."

Or is PZR an entirely different scenerio?

Marlene

Marlene, at the moment you need to open Version 5.0 first then open the PTEs from there.

Ron [uK]

Good Morning Marlene

Glad to hear that I am not the only newbie - the penny finally dropped yesterday afternoon with me after working at it all day. (in the words of Homer Simpson- doh...) B)

Also pleased you managed to sort out the "key".

Yes, we will crack this "flippin book" :blink: - have you looked at some of the other shows - they are amazing.

The forum here is fantastic and the members are so helpful & PATIENT... that to me is the main thing ... the patience these people have ... if you look at the previous thread you will note that they take your points of query one at a time and answer them individually.

Well good luck with it - I am sure we will be communicating again.

Better do some work to support the hobby now.

Regards

Sharon :)

I just dropped in to tell Lin what the latest problems were that I was having and I think that Al may have answered my question when he said

When I tried to open any of the PTE links i.e. The Dom's Big Picture and a few others I always got the message "Project files created with pictures to EXE v1.00=v1.6 are not supported now."

Or is PZR an entirely different scenerio?

Marlene

Hi, Marlene,

Yes, you need version 5 to open project files using "Pan Zoom Rotate" features. You can download the latest v.5, beta "u", program from the Forum (select the "pinned" message from "admin" at the top of the page).

If you unzip the file you will see 5 programs - just copy them to a folder and double-click on "setup", just as you did for version 4. The program will automatically install itself and open. You can tell that it is version 5 by the name at the top left of the screen. You don't need a new key - you are already registered for all updates to the program (except that there will be an extra charge for "PTE Deluxe", containing "Video Builder" for making DVD's, once the final program is released. Right now it's included along with the rest of version 5.) :)

Spudger I did a simple show last night and I'm thinking now how in the world do they get a book flipping out of something like this? And then I asked myself "why on earth are you subjecting your brain to trying to figure out still another program?" :huh: I keep thinking that if I keep the brain working I'm less apt to get "old timers" (alzeimers).

Getting company tonight. DAMN can't play on the computer. :D

So its only V5 that you can use those templates with? Hmmm will download it tonight sometime.

Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Yes it is only V5 you can use Templates with, If you Download the latest Version of JPD's

"Sreensaver" Template you will find there are Two versions in one. there is a 65 page Album and a 30 page,

The 30 page is for 28 Photos I would try this first.

You will see Two PTE files one is Named Album 30 Photos.pte The 65 page one Is just Screensaver.pte

All the best Ray

Well I am pleased to inform you that I downloaded v5 and managed to create a short slideshow (4 slides - :D ).

I used TheDom Book Portrait.

Last night I was ready to pull my hair out trying to figure it out. Opened the program this evening and within 5 minutes had it. Funny how that happens sometimes.

I have no idea how to upload this great work of art to this site so thought I would just create the AVI file and put it into Producer. Didn't work. As soon as I go out of PTE the AVI file disappears. I posted in the video section asking how, why and when so await a reply.

Again thanks everyone for your help. No doubt I will be back looking for more answers.

Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Sorry that happened to you. PTE has two ways to create a DVD. The first way is an AVI "template" which is not a true AVI file but raher only stays while PTE is running. This method uses external software such as Ulead Movie Factory, Nero, etc., to actually burn a DVD by receiving instructions about which files, transitions, timings, etc., from PTE via the temp AVI template. Then the external program uses this information to actually author the DVD.

The other way PTE actually creates a stand-alone AVI file. To get it to do this you must choose "create a custom AVI" then uncheck the various external prgrams which might be checked, select a different codec than PTE Codec. I suggest using a Microsoft video codec. You may or may not have a variety of codecs on your computer, but from the web you can download a free codec pack from a number of companies. I recomment the Ace Mega Codec Pack which you can readily find by searching the web.

Once you use a common codec, PTE will create a stand-alone AVI file which you can import into your PSP or PSG slideshow. More information is available about this on the Video section of this forum.

Best regards,

Lin

Well I am pleased to inform you that I downloaded v5 and managed to create a short slideshow (4 slides - :D ).

I used TheDom Book Portrait.

Last night I was ready to pull my hair out trying to figure it out. Opened the program this evening and within 5 minutes had it. Funny how that happens sometimes.

I have no idea how to upload this great work of art to this site so thought I would just create the AVI file and put it into Producer. Didn't work. As soon as I go out of PTE the AVI file disappears. I posted in the video section asking how, why and when so await a reply.

Again thanks everyone for your help. No doubt I will be back looking for more answers.

Marlene