WnSoft Forums

burning to DVD

Tom Rowles

Guest Techman1

the ptev file but when trying to open it I get a message saying unable to open ptfe file - file mismatch.

Help please, Tom

Tom,

In the message you are getting from Ulead, did you mean PTEV file mismatch or is Ulead Version 5 changing the extension to PTFE? :blink:

I've used Movie Factory 2 and 4 in the past, both seem to read the PTEV file fine. You might try not clicking on the "Create a Ulead File" box and see if you can bring in the .avi file okay. This should work if you leave PTE open (as you have outlined above that you have done). While I don't have any experience with Version 5 of Ulead's Movie Factory, the older versions do work with PTE.

Maybe someone else that has used MF Version 5 can give us some insight if this is a problem.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,

Fred

I really need help! This is the first time ever doing a posting on any forum! I have had pte for a few years and have loved making slideshows and emailing them to my children. Recently I burned to cd, but unfortunately I was only able to play a pc, not on a DVD. I contacted wnsoft support and they suggested I upgrade to pte 4.48, which I did. I followed all instructions and was able to burn cd with help of movie factory 5 trial version. Since, I have made several attempts, but am unable to do. In pte project screen I add my pictures, effects, and music. I preview, and it's okay. I then click on Video, choose SCVD,NTSC, Ulead PF 5. Next, I preview and all I have is a black screen (no pictures) but I do have the music. I've also tried no preview, just creating AVI and saving. I open my MF 5 and again I have music, but no slideshow!! Please help! Leona

Guest Techman1

Leona,

Welcome to the forum. Are you leaving PTE up and running while you are loading Ulead Movie Factory? If you try to create an AVI file from PTE and do not leave it running, you get the results that you have outlined here (music and black/blank screen). Please let us know this important issue and then, we can try to get you through this.

Regards,

Fred

Thank you for answering! I do not click the finish button in the video screen! After my posting I continued trying without any luck. Once I complete the "Create AVI file", I minimize, and open my Movie Factory 5, I then go to my saved file to add----I then received this message: You may experience problems playing a video track in "pte_vidtmp_8155637.avi" because the required compressor could not be found. Would you like to close the movie or continue? I click contiinue, and again only music! Any thoughts, or suggestions? I can't understand how I was able to make a great slideshow with music and burn to cd the first time and now I can't! Also, is pte version 5.0 easier and better? Does it cost, or can I upgrade? Thanks, Leona

I can't understand how I was able to make a great slideshow with music and burn to cd the first time and now I can't! Also, is pte version 5.0 easier and better? Does it cost, or can I upgrade? Thanks, Leona

Hi, Leona,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not familiar with Movie Factory, so probably can't help you too much.

I'll try to answer some of your questions, however. PTE v.5 is much easier to use for creating DVD's as there is no need to use a 3rd party software such as Movie Factory, but it uses the same method for SVCD's as v.4, so this won't help you much.

Creating a DVD or SVCE is a completely different process than simply copying a PTE exe file to a CD as the PTE file has to be "rendered" and then burned in a very specific format.

PTE v.5 is still a free download for anyone with earlier versions of PTE - however, Igor has indicated that there will be an additional charge once v.5 is completed in order to use the DVD-burning features of PTE.

Maybe the best solution would be to purchase a DVD burner (they are not nearly as expensive now as they used to be, and DVD's are of much better quality on a TV set than SVCD's. Hope this helps some. :)

I also have the MF 5 Plus 30 day tryout demo on my PC. MF 5 does import the pte avi from both 4.48 and 5.b8u on my PC. Are you using Windows XP or an older operating system? If you search for ptevideo.dll there should be a copy on your C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. A simple reinstall should fix most problems. You could also use a different AVI codec that should work with MF 5. Most of the Intel and Microsoft codecs listed should be compatible.

PTE avi file properties

post-2058-1171489868_thumb.jpg

Like Al I highly recommend a DVD burner because of the inexpensive burners and media (http://www.newegg.com in the US). PTE 5 will make this whole process very simple. I don't think PTE 5 will be supporting VCD (lower quality mpeg1) or SVCD. DVD media is just a cheap or cheaper that CD media.

side note:

The price of HD DVD and Blu-Ray disc recorders are too expensive right now, plus format still going thru the VHS/Beta phase right now. I am in favor of HD DVD because of the encoding quality, but only time will tell who wins. I hate the idea of duplicate formats even on the same media or players that support both formats.

Tom

Hello again! I really hope I'm not ruining your forum ( I don't quite understand how this works - but really do appreciate any help I can get!) So, here's the latest: I continue to try to create with pte, and burn with ulead MfPlus trial version. Now, sometimes I get both slideshow with music and other times just background music! I am sure I'm doing the same steps each time! 1. Click "Video" in opening screen pte. 2. choosing svcd, Ulead MF. 3. Click on preview - get screen: "making of AVI video file encoding audio" next, windows media player opens and either I have both slideshow and music, or just music. I then close out of windows media. I click "finish" ( remember I only chose Preview) This brings me back to original screen! I again click "Video", now I'm back to screen: making of AVI file. I make sure choices are correct, and then click create--this brings me to Save as screen. Save in : My Videos, file name:xxx,Save as type: microsoft AVI files, *avi. Save. Next screen: creating audio. The finish screen appears ( I don't close) I open my ulead mf5plus. Pick New project,create video disc. I continue with steps by choosing my video! So, this I very wordy and I appologize, But if anyone can decipher my problem, I would be grateful! I'm still ?'ing whether to purchase mf5plus, also! Thanks Leona

Hi Leona,

If your video preview is missing video, then it's not going to work in MF 5. What is the filesize and show duration, how many slides, what type of audio are you using? Is there anyway you can zip the project and post here (if it's small) or post to one of the internet file transfer sites? I think SVCD is limited to 35 to 45 minutes, depending on video quality. Does the .exe slideshow always play on the PC ok?

Tom

Thanks, Tom for your reply! I've attempted to make several videos again ( all my tries are very short, approx. 5 to 10 slides only, with background music.) Apparently, when I click create video, I cannot check on the Ulead box, even though that is what I'll be using. It then saves as type PTEV file, and this does not show the slideshow, just the music. When I don't check the Ulead box it auto. saves as a microsoft AVI file, and this does both the slideshow and the music! ( although once, when I tried choosing it in MF5Plus, it didn't work, very tempermental! But at least I think this will usually solve my problem. Previously, on my pc when I burned a data slideshow with music, the slideshow would continue to loop and the music would continue until you closed----with the video, it appears that the music stops at the end of the show, also slideshow ends----is there any way I can change this to continue? Also, I will need to purchase Ulead Movie factory 5 $49.00 or Ulead MF 5 Plus for $79.00, any opinion? They have a comparison on their website, but I don't really understand exactly what I need to accomplish the above. I'm definately a beginner and will only use what I need. I love pte for the shows! Only want to copy SVCD to CD! Thanks again, Leona