WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Wow!

Jimmy Pat

Welcome Jimmy

It is always nice to see new interest in PTE.

Sorry, I don't know of any programs for the Mac. It would be hard to find any program that has

someone like Igor that listens to what the people want and gives them free upgrades every few months

When I bought PTE in 2001. I liked it, but as I learned more about slideshows It did not always do

everything I wanted. And then a new version would be released (Free upgrades) and there was a

new option I was wanting. That makes creating my slideshow easier.

I always look forward to a next version.

cc

Thanks CC Manz

Only recently got my new Mac. Prior to this I was using an Amstrad 9512.

Having seen how brilliant PicturesToExe is, I’m wondering if I should have got a PC.

I understand that you can get a programme for Virtual PC on a Mac, but after reading the forums it seems there could be a lot of problems.

I wonder if Ivor could be persuaded to make PicturesToExe for a Mac?

I’ve not a clue how difficult that would be! I suppose if it were easy it would already have been done.

I can but hope …

Cheers

Jimmy Pat

I too welcome you, Jimmy!

For now, I can tell you a Mac version of PTE is not planned, and personally I think Igor won't create it for many reasons, last but not least the little and specific Mac market.

You sure know there are few shareware and freeware Mac applications: you find above all the "great" (and expensive) graphical apps by Adobe, Corel, Macromedia etc.

There are several "slideshow makers" for Mac, but as far as I know there is nothing comparable to PTE as for image quality, transition smoothness, number of features and versatility. And in general they can make Quicktime movies, not stand-alone slideshows.

You can make some search with Google or Altavista using "mac slideshow" or similar words. Good luck!