WnSoft Forums

Are We loosing the plot?

Alan Lyons

I've been reading through some posts of late most conserning the long awaited and appreicaited V5 betas and what they can do. But recently I thought I had loged on to the wrong forum. We have subjects on rolling balls, bouncing cubes and now there is a campain to drop bombs on us :huh::o:blink: .

What about the idea of collecting together a sequence of images along with music to make a show which is both pleasing to the viewer and perhaps has a message or a tale to tell. I think this would be a novel and interesting way to use the software, and who knows it might even catch on :lol:

Back in the 70's and 80's we cavemen & women went through a similar dark faze with the medical term of "Cokin Filters". Thankfully we are all cured now even those who later developed full blown "infrared" photography. :D

Comments Please

Alan

I've been reading through some posts of late most conserning the long awaited and appreicaited V5 betas and what they can do. But recently I thought I had loged on to the wrong forum. We have subjects on rolling balls, bouncing cubes and now there is a campain to drop bombs on us :huh::o:blink: .

What about the idea of collecting together a sequence of images along with music to make a show which is both pleasing to the viewer and perhaps has a message or a tale to tell. I think this would be a novel and interesting way to use the software, and who knows it might even catch on :lol:

Back in the 70's and 80's we cavemen & women went through a similar dark faze with the medical term of "Cokin Filters". Thankfully we are all cured now even those who later developed full blown "infrared" photography. :D

Comments Please

Alan

Have a look here, may be you can post, the author will probably appreciate.

Hi Alan,

People from my generation don't understand Rap music either and when we were young we couldn't understand why our parents didn't get Rock and Roll, but that has little or no effect on the wave of popularity and what will happen in the future.

Interests in video effects are wide and varied and the Ken Burns Effects have become the topic de jure. You can't stop a "wave" so best to just catch the ride and enjoy it. Those who want to continue making slideshows as they have done for a number of years will continue to do that and those who want to explore the myriad new features will do that as well. Right now there appears to be more interest in the new features and capabilities than in simple transitions, music sync and lovely images. That may change or it may not but one thing is certain - there is room on the forums for everyone and every opinion.

Lin

Comments Please

Alan

Hi Alan

Glad to see you've popped out of your cave :D - how'd you see the Guinness in the dark? :blink:

What's "Cokin" in Cork these days then ???? ( I know you're in Dublin dabbling with digits!)

Molly looks good......... very happy after the rugby but we were very down ! :(

Give my love to everyone !

Hoping to pop over this year and we'll roll a few PTE DVD's down the hill just to watch the animation !

When are you coming over again and we can really show you some movement ? :D

LOL

Maureen

Hi Alan,

People from my generation don't understand Rap music either and when we were young we couldn't understand why our parents didn't get Rock and Roll, but that has little or no effect on the wave of popularity and what will happen in the future.

Interests in video effects are wide and varied and the Ken Burns Effects have become the topic de jure. You can't stop a "wave" so best to just catch the ride and enjoy it. Those who want to continue making slideshows as they have done for a number of years will continue to do that and those who want to explore the myriad new features will do that as well. Right now there appears to be more interest in the new features and capabilities than in simple transitions, music sync and lovely images. That may change or it may not but one thing is certain - there is room on the forums for everyone and every opinion.

Lin

Hi Lin,

I think what you have said in the reply to Alan is all that need to be said on the matter, and put very well. I’m no spring chicken but I still love to embrace new ideas and any new technology. I love bouncing balls and floating cubes.

Paul

I am pre Rock 'n Roll and Rap. I am from the Big Band era. I cannot put my mind to rolling balls or cubes at the moment, but I will I hope. The only cubes I am using at the moment are OXO to keep up my strength. However, I am observing the developments with much enjoyment.

Ron [uK]

Hi all,

Glad to see that the boat can still be rocked :P.

I can and will imbrace all the new gadgets and gimmicks but not just for the sake of them. I prefer to see where they can be applied to their best effect. I think it was John Huston who said "Some of us are here to save the world one frame at a time,some of us are here to sell popcorn."

Glad to hear you are watching out for your Irish friends Maureen. We will all be at the NIPA Festival in 2 weeks. A full report will follow. I'm not sure when we will get to England, Mr. Robinson want's to cross the pond. "Drink Canada Dry" I Love a challange :blink:

These concerns strike me a bit odd since it seems to me the basic structure of the WnSoft Forums already separates shows and artistry from technical questions. The three forums I see at the following page are (my comments in normal type):

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums

PicturesToExe

News about PicturesToExe, technical support, discussions

A free for all for any type of question. With the development of a major upgrade, many questions are focused on how to do things with the new version.

PicturesToExe Presentations

Announcements of new presentations, discussions, links to Web sites where you can find new presentations

This seems like a good place to post presentations and comment about different techniques seen in each one.

How to Create Video

How to prepare video file in PicturesToExe and then burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc with help of special software.

Things related to creating AVI and DVD output from the program. Though many technical questions have appeared in the first forum, in particular in the pinned topic related to the most recent beta relese.

In addition, this is certainly a very democratic forum, with all posts welcome. In a way it reflects what the forum posters are interested in at the moment. If you are disappointed with the lack of posts concerning the artistic side of creating slideshows, start posting your ideas on the subject. I'm sure it will generate some discussion.

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

Personally I think you should do what ever makes you happy. I am also from the old school of photography. I have some developer and fixer hidden in the fish pond. Late at night when all is quiet I go and have a sniff at it just to keep me going!

After all it should be about photography and enjoying it. Should anybody else appreciate what you have done the high is much better than what you get from fixer and developer late at night.

At the moment balls and cubes are not my thing but in the future it might be. Pans and zooms I still struggle to understand and use. I am not a balls and cube person. Others may look at a "staight" show and shout "BOOOORRRING".

I know to little about programming but I am sure that all this will make for a better programme in the end, not that what we have at the moment is tops!

The use of PTE have bettered my photography! I learn from all presentations, even the ones with zooms, pans. Would like to see one with rolling balls!

Links?