WnSoft Forums

Brand new to this....

Arymis313

I havent purchased PTE yet as Im not sure what program i really need.

A friend uses a mac program called imovie or ivideo....and i was really impressed.

his program took .jpg files and created a slide show with music etc.

the features i liked about the program was:

no special xtra sw needed to run the file

plays on pc, tv - not sure if dvd or cd

can email file or burn to cd

view full screen

the features the audience really liked was that on each slide you panned in or zoomed out on a certain face etc. this would be definitely needed for my needs....

does this program contain all these features? im looking for one that will accomplish this on windows. I want it to run on pc and possibly dvd ...realy want to view on tv as well...

is this the program i want?

thanks

Hi Arymis313

PTE is great program. I'm sure more expert members will give you exact answers as to your needs, but what I suggest is:

1. Download the trial version and see for yourself.

2. Check this forum using "Search" for the topics you need.

3. Download some presentations done by members from Here.

4. Read the Help file in the program.

Hope your specific questions will be answered soon.

Good Luck

Hi, Arymis313,

Boxig has given you good advice - that is really the best way to determine whether PTE is for you or not.

Personally, I find that PTE meets most of my digital slide-show requirements. It provides the best "fade/dissolve" of any program on the market - even more expensive ones, and this is the single-most important feature for me, personally.

The second-most important feature for my purposes is the ability to drop transitions onto a dynamic time-line in order to synchronize the show to music or narration. PTE is becoming more and more user-friendly, as the designer adds and improves features.

While it is a great slide-show program, PTE will not yet provide some of the animated effects which other programs claim to provide, and some actually do provide, after a fashion, such as pan and zoom, and convert to digital video format. However, PTE is still evolving, and may someday even provide these features, especially if there is sufficient demand.

But, PTE can be viewed full-screen (provided your images are large enough), is self-contained (no extra software required to play a compiled show), and can be played on a pc directly (and automatically, if desired) from a CD.

I think there is nothing to add to previous replies, Arymis, but I wish to underline an expression of Al, who said "PTE will not yet provide...".

This software is enhanced each three-four months, and all new releases have continuous and important improvements. More, WnSoft is listening very carefully the request of users, so the software is always growing following not only ideas of its creator, but also needs of all users.

It's absolutely the best slideshow software I have ever used, and I've used a TON of them. :-)

Also, has this great webboard w/lots of helpful, smart PTE users. Hard to go wrong with the combo of excellent software, frequent updates (significant ones!), and the great community here. Give the demo a try. Also, check out http://www.beechbrook.com/pte for slideshows created by members of this forum - you can see some examples of what can be accomplished.

plays on pc, tv - not sure if dvd or cd

Currently only creates files formatted to play on a PC. (No Mac support, either.)

However, Igor (the genius behind PTE) is working on an update that would allow PTE to export video files which could be used to make a VCD/SVCD/DVD to play back on your TV. But that feature is not ready yet -still in early development. For more on that, see this thread.

Dana