WnSoft Forums

PTE on Computer

peterandjean

Hi

Is it possible to view PTE on a computer without PTE installed file extension pte or must it be exe extension. I have a television which I can connect to and use it as a monitor but my laptop does not have PTE installed only my main computer

What i wanted to do was save to a flash drive and then insert into laptop and view on television before final burn so modifications could be made

Has anyone overcome this problem please

Jean

Guest Techman1

Jean,

It would need to be an EXE file on the laptop or create it as a permanent AVI file. The EXE would be much quicker since you are simply wanting to view it as a final review. You could also upgrade your license to an Advanced Business License (commercial) so that you can have PTE on multiple PC's at your home/place of business.

Good luck!

Fred

Jean,

It would need to be an EXE file on the laptop or create it as a permanent AVI file. The EXE would be much quicker since you are simply wanting to view it as a final review. You could also upgrade your license to an Advanced Business License (commercial) so that you can have PTE on multiple PC's at your home/place of business.

Good luck!

Fred

Hi Again

Thank you for your reply but can an exe be saved to a flash drive, key drive whatever you like to call it? PTE software video only calls up DVD and I do not think it is possible to save to key drive or hard disc without burning to a a dvd first. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just wanted to check the presentation before burning as I am experimenting with wide screen

Jean

Thank you for your reply but can an exe be saved to a flash drive, key drive whatever you like to call it?

Yes, a PTE "exe" file can be saved to a "flash" memory card. You can even run the file directly from the memory card. Don't be afraid to experiment a little to ensure your laptop and/or usb port, and flash memory, etc., have the performance requirements to run the "exe" files satisfactorily.

Yes, a PTE "exe" file can be saved to a "flash" memory card. You can even run the file directly from the memory card. Don't be afraid to experiment a little to ensure your laptop and/or usb port, and flash memory, etc., have the performance requirements to run the "exe" files satisfactorily.

Hi Again

I have saved to a key drive before but had to burn to dvd disc first can the burning to DVD be bypassed and saved straight to Flash drive..portable drive?

regards

Jean