WnSoft Forums

Pan-&-Zoom

bjc

A long time ago, when the option to Pan-&-Zoom was first discussed, I remember suggesting that the ability to ‘accelerate-up-to’ and ‘decelerate-down-from’ the Pan/Zoom speed (as generated in the Timeline) might be a desirable feature.

This has not (so far) been implemented.

The absence of this function has been mentioned to me a number of times when I have been demonstrating the capabilities of version-5 at my (Digital Imaging) lectures.

Question:-

1 ~ Do the forum members consider that this feature would be of benefit to the overall effect of Pan-&-Zoom ?

2 ~ (Igor) Could this function be added without causing too much work for the development team ?

Ideally, the duration of the ‘acceleration’ and ‘deceleration’ could be made adjustable ~ however this would add to the complexity of implementing this function.

Alternatively, the duration of the ‘acceleration’ and ‘deceleration’ could be made as a percentage of the total Pan/Zoom duration. e.g:- 10% accelerate > 80% Pan/Zoom < 10% decelerate. With these percentages fixed, this feature might be more readily implemented (?).

Sadly, at the moment, if the slideshow requires that an image (or component) is to start off by being ‘static’ on-screen ~ followed by, say, a Pan (or movement) from right-to-left ~ the ‘instant’ start to that Pan (Zoom or movement) is very distracting and unrealistic.

I personally feel that the addition of a fixed ‘accelerate/decelerate’ function would greatly enhance the overall visual appeal (realism) of the Pan-&-Zoom capabilities already implemented in PTE v.5 (beta).

What are you’re thoughts ?

bjc