WnSoft Forums

New Shows

PhilG

I have just uploaded a new show on Beechbrooke, 'A rainy day at Beamish'.

These photographs were taken in the same week last autumn as another show which was also placed on the Beechbrook site, 'Victorian Town'

Hope you enjoy them

PhilG

Hi PhilG,

I enjoyed your PTE-Show about BEAMISH and wished, there'd be some more information about where it is located.

Is it in Australia or Scotland? Maybe a map or even just some written info would be of benefit for the naiv viewer like me.

Or let me put it this way: Let's assume, you just saw a marvellous PTE Show about RYOLITE or BRANDSTADT-SABA; wouldn't you want to know, where the heck it is?

Greetz

RudiRe

Hi PhilG,

I enjoyed your PTE-Show about BEAMISH and wished, there'd be some more information about where it is located.

Is it in Australia or Scotland? Maybe a map or even just some written info would be of benefit for the naiv viewer like me.

Or let me put it this way: Let's assume, you just saw a marvellous PTE Show about RYOLITE or BRANDSTADT-SABA; wouldn't you want to know, where the heck it is?

Greetz

RudiRe

Hello RudiRe

Thank you for your comments.

When you are on the beechbrook site downloading shows you can view the authors notes. I know that there is not always enough information but I did put the location this time.

I pointed out that Beamish is located in the north east of England. It is close to Durham near a town called Stanley.

I'm sorry you did not see this.

PhilG

I enjoyed and envied your sequence Phil. I visited Beamish about fifteen years ago as part of a coach tour based at Durham. Beamish was our last full day. I had taken pictures in and around the "mine" and then on to the "town" for some more shots. I finished my film and took the opportunity of changing it in the restaurant above the Co-op store. I went on to "take" the railway station and a loco in operation; a fairground; and in and outside the solid tyred bus, all very nostalgic. On our journey home the next day we stopped off at York and visited the Minster, where I knew I would have to change my film again. I got to 42 on the counter and realised that my film had not advanced from Frame 0. :angry: THE MASTERPICES THAT GOT AWAY? Thank heavens to-day for the digital camera.

Ron [uK]

Hi PhilG,

now, I've found your notes, thank you.

How about implementing these notes some place within the PTE presentation?

Assume, I give your presentation to a friend to look at it for I liked it so much.

He would't have any chance to find your notes. Besides that, it wouldn' hurt your presentation but rather complete it.

I think, some form of prologue or appendix WITHIN the PTE Presentation with exactely that kind of notes would do the job.

Not meant to critizise but to strengthen your presentation.

Regards

Rudi