WnSoft Forums

... it's all about control

think(box)

I went through most of the Beechbrook Cottage collection and was impressed with how much

people want control, that is, show creators want absolute control over the show playback and

want the show viewers to have none! Perhaps for artistic purposes, maintaining the show and

music synchronization etc., we do this. It may also be that many of us are just control freaks....

Thanks so much to Bill and Karen Hines for providing the web site and to all of the people who have

shared their really nice shows. I especially liked the car show. And you guessed it - that show

allows user control!

I have made shows where I, the show creator, have absolute control and select music to sync.

But as a viewer, rather than creator, I often find that obnoxious. Therefore most shows I create

do permit the user to at least "pause" by a clickable button alone in top-right of screen. They can

arrow ahead/back too and keyboard to "Home" screen, just not by clicking. Do we have concensus?

So this request to Igor (I haven't addressed you directly yet - hello and thanks!) is about viewer control

of slide showing duration. For those shows where viewer control is granted it would be very much

appreciated by most viewers surveyed if the UP and DOWN keyboard arrow keys could change slide

showing duration instead of what they do today. The show creator could check a box in the Project

Options -> Advanced screen to permit user control of slide duration using up/down arrows. The RIGHT

and LEFT arrows should always be as defined today, ahead and back.

I and a lot of others who wish to be granted control in shows would really appreciated it.

Cheers!

Hi Bill!

I think Igor has already planned a manual control for synchronized shows in v4.10 or 4.20. Of course, the best solution should be a "Pause" button (and maybe a "Fast forward"), that allows to suspend (or accelerate) the show - slides AND audio - without losing the synchronization.