WnSoft Forums

screen effects

When you open the effects page of different fades, wipes etc you check or uncheck the required effects.

I make 5 or more presentations a day and only ever use the first fade effect. I laboriously have to uncheck all the other effects.

Is there a quick way to possibly disable the other effects or set a permanent template to save me having keep unchecking these boxes.

many thanks

richierich

richierich:

If I understand correctly what you want to do...

When you go to PROJECT OPTIONS > EFFECTS, there are two sets of squares stack on top of each other in the upper right part of the dialogue box. One set has check marks in it, one is blank

Clicking on these will reset all the effects to "on" or "off"

Hope that will help

Glad your problem is solved !

No need to feel stupid, foolish or anything other than "just learning"

There are all sorts of subtilities, and obvious - in hindsight - things that we miss that others can point us to.

That is one real value I see with the forum.

Have fun with PTE

Richierich, JRR, all,

There is another alternative in PTE that is fantastic! You may have many other settings than just "effects check boxes" that you would always like in a certain state, including a customized help menu, navigation bar, display time per picture, comments settings and almost everything else that you can set. A "template" feature was *made* for this. I use it for almost every presentation as a starting point. You can define many templates to suit your needs.

To use PTE's template feature first create one or more templates, each this way:

1. Read in a representative show that has most or all settings the way you want (or start from scratch).

2. Remove all pictures from compilation unless you want them in the template for all shows. To do this just click "Clear List" button below slide list. Do *not* "Save" project since these changes are for a template.

3. In the File menu select "Templates" and click "Create template from this show". Give it a name and click OK.

From now on, for a new show using a "template" starting point:

1. In File menu select "Templates" and notice that your new templates are listed. Just click the one you want.

2. Make picture and music changes unique to that show and save or create to new show name. Done!

To *change* templates as needs change, just start from that template, make changes, and then in File menu select "Templates" and click "Create template from this show". Enter name for update and click OK, OK.

To *remove* templates as needs change, or to set a default template to always use at PTE startup:

1. In File menu select "Templates" and click "Manage Templates".

2. Select templates you want to remove, if any, and click Delete.

3. You may check the box "Default template for new projects" after selecting the one to use by default in the drop-down menu below checkbox.

4. Click OK to close window.

Cheers,