WnSoft Forums

New user, and a query about panning

cjdnzl

Hello all,

My first post here, having purchased PTE 4.48 and downloaded 5 beta. I was very impressed with the quality of the screen display from PTE, and in fact I migrated here after becoming frustrated with the quality of ProShow displays, as I gather so have others. I am re-doing some of my PSG shows in PTE, with gratifying results.

One thing I do find not to my liking is the panning. The pan starts off with almost a jerk, and finishes the same way. I would prefer a 'soft' start and end to a pan sequence, which is one thing that PSG does do well.

Maybe there is a workaround for this, and I would be pleased if that is so.

Colin

Hi, Colin,

Welcome to the Forum.

Igor has promised an option in the new version which would allow one to accelerate and decelerate a pan or zoom smoothly at the beginning and/or end. You can approximate this now by using a lot of key-points, but this may not be very satisfactory, and is a lot of extra effort.

Colin, I also used Proshow at first but liked the quality better in PTE. I started off in 4.48 but went up to the beta when I had trouble burning Dvds. Unfortunately there is alot of stuff that is not turned on in the beta yet but will be in the future. So do not give up! It looks like things will just be getting better from here.

-Jon

Hello all,

My first post here, having purchased PTE 4.48 and downloaded 5 beta. I was very impressed with the quality of the screen display from PTE, and in fact I migrated here after becoming frustrated with the quality of ProShow displays, as I gather so have others. I am re-doing some of my PSG shows in PTE, with gratifying results.

One thing I do find not to my liking is the panning. The pan starts off with almost a jerk, and finishes the same way. I would prefer a 'soft' start and end to a pan sequence, which is one thing that PSG does do well.

Maybe there is a workaround for this, and I would be pleased if that is so.

Colin

Thanks, Al and Jon, for the fast replies. If Igor has acceleration/deceleration on the drawing board, then that's ok, It'll be easy to mod the shows when it comes out.

I really like the timeline concept, one can pan up, down, and across all on the one image, a great implementation in my book.

Things are looking uo here!

Colin