WnSoft Forums

Is it a bug or am I missing something here re DVD size?

mhwarner

I am totally frustrated at this point! I have created a completely new test show. I trimmed all my images to 4:30 ratio then resized to 1024x768. I created a DVD (which works beautifully) and played it on my standard TV (NTSC). The images are chopped off, both bottom and sides (and I know this because I put a 2-pixel border around some of them just to see if I was getting the entire image--the border doesn't show)! So I recreated the images and resized to 640 x 480 which theoretically should show up in the "safe" region. Wrong! They are still chopped off. Is this a bug or what? I have selected 4:3 in the project options for burning the DVD. I throught perhaps I could change it from "fullscreen" to "windowed" in the Project Options\Screen tab, but unfortunately that option is still grayed out in this latest beta. I even added different versions of the same slide side by side in the project -- one sized to 1024x768 and one sized to 640x480. They both show up at exactly the same size in the DVD.

So is this something that will work properly in the final version, am I missing something simple here, or do I need to go back to my "old" method of burning DVD's using Roxio.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

If you have the TV safe zone enabled you should be able to use the project options, screen tab, and use the % of the slide to show main images to scale down your slides to fit inside the TV safe zone. I would start with about 90% and modify as needed.

Tom as I am also finding this a problem, where do you do this?

I my be blind but can't find the location to enable "TV safe zone" anywhere in v5 Beta9.

If you have the TV safe zone enabled you should be able to use the project options, screen tab, and use the % of the slide to show main images to scale down your slides to fit inside the TV safe zone. I would start with about 90% and modify as needed.

Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom. In version 4.48 there is a dropdown box for % of the screen to show slide images. There is no such box on the Project Options\Screen in version 5 Beta 9A. I did check the "Show TV Safe Zone" in the Objects and Animations\Tools button, but it doesn't change anything. Maybe this feature is not yet enabled.

Hi,

Under beta 9 the TV safe zone is under the slide Object and Animation screen and select the Tools button. The % of slide setting is under the Projects Option button and then the Screen Tab, Additionally (scroll down). I would probably change the word from "Additionally" to something else like "Additional", "Other" or "Extra".

Settings tab window.

post-2058-1177121609_thumb.png

Duh! I didn't see the scroll bar on the Project Options\Screen tab. Thanks! I will experiment later with both the percentage option and with the "Disable Scaling of Main Images (not recommended)" option. One of them should do the trick. My last resort was going to be editing the .pte file in a text editor to add " FitMode=None" to every slide, which keeps P2E from resizing and avoids editing "Objects and Animations" for every single slide. Not something I really wanted to do

Thanks for your help, Tom!

Thanks Tom.

I didn't see the scroll bar. DER!! Having one of those days. :)