WnSoft Forums

Disable Space-Bar

jfa

It may be my inexperience with PTE Beta10, or the function may no be available yet, but can someone tell me how to disable the space-bar from pausing the show? I have tried all the options I can think of with no result.

Also I find to stop the F1 button displaying the "help about hot keys" menu in a show I must untick the [] Disable F1 Key to stop this from happening. This function would seem to have the incorrect description. Ticking this box Enables the F1 key not disable it!!!

Finally I would like to see "Permit control of show with keyboard or mouse" disabled by default in the project options. I only use this in the very occasional show as I suspect others also do. Any comments?

It may be my inexperience with PTE Beta10, or the function may no be available yet, but can someone tell me how to disable the space-bar from pausing the show? I have tried all the options I can think of with no result.

Also I find to stop the F1 button displaying the "help about hot keys" menu in a show I must untick the [] Disable F1 Key to stop this from happening. This function would seem to have the incorrect description. Ticking this box Enables the F1 key not disable it!!!

Finally I would like to see "Permit control of show with keyboard or mouse" disabled by default in the project options. I only use this in the very occasional show as I suspect others also do. Any comments?

John

I agree, when you disable "Permit control of show with keyboard or mouse" the pause button shouldn't work, but it currently does I think this will turn out to be a bug or isn't implemented yet.

Regards to disabling "Permit control of show with keyboard or mouse" by default I'm not sure. Something I have seen on this forum in recent times is the increasing number of people using PTE as a "Powerpoint" type substitute it could be that a good proportion of users use the keybord/mouse feature, nevertheless its a simple step to set that as a default setting in PTE for your own use by clicking "Set Defaults" in the option screen.

The F1 key issue also seems to be a bug, I can also confirm that its currently working opposite to its stated role.

Cheers

Andrew

I wouldn't like to see the spacebar disabled by default, as then people might forget to apply the function to be able to use it.

I'm of the opinion that the capability to pause and restart should be present in every slideshow. So many times I have been interrupted during the watching of a long show, and have had to abort and then start all over again in order to see the ending.

Maybe it would be useful for some to be able to disable the pausing of a show while watching the finished exe file, but I think that since there are many different circumstances under which viewers watch the shows that the space bar should be available to all. Just my personal preference. :)

Igor, there is one small change I would like to see though, and that is to still be able to forward and reverse a show when the pause is "on". This would allow one to step forward and backward through a show one slide at a time without having it suddenly take off again through a fast sequence.

Maybe it would be useful for some to be able to disable the pausing of a show while watching the finished exe file, but I think that since there are many different circumstances under which viewers watch the shows that the space bar should be available to all. Just my personal preference.

G'day Al

I like to use the space-bar to pause a show when watching the .exe file at times too. However I feel the use or not of this function, (as with all other functions), should be up to the author of the show to decide how he/she wishes to present their AV. As a result I would like the choice of allowing the use or not of this function.

As someone who is still learning PTE I wish to know if I have this choice, as in beta10 I don't appear to be able to disable the spacebar. Having the spacebar disabled by default is a secondary issue with me if I have the choice somewhere to disable it.

Igor, there is one small change I would like to see though, and that is to still be able to forward and reverse a show when the pause is "on". This would allow one to step forward and backward through a show one slide at a time without having it suddenly take off again through a fast sequence.

Yes, this would be very useful if the viewer is allowed to use the pause function by the author.

Just loaded Beta11 and am delighted with the way all the above issues have been addressed.

A big thank-you to Igor and all concerned. :D:D