WnSoft Forums

Help - New User

Abelston

Help - How do I burn my presentation to a CD? I have completed my presentation but don't know how to copy it. Also, is there a way to prevent viewers of CD presentation from saving images to there harddrive? I am a professional photographer trying to move from a proof book to digital proofing via CD presentations. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks!

Abelston

Dear Abelston,

To put your slideshow to CD, just copy your .exe file to the CD. You may also copy autotun.inf file to run your show automatically. You can read about creating it at our FAQ #14.

If you have difficulties in creating autorun, you can send it to me at the text format at support@wnsoft.com and I'll check it.

As for preventing your images from copying - it is a difficult question. You can check

"Don't allow <Print screen> to copy images"(Project Options | Screen). It may help you if your customers don't have any program for extracting images from .exe files.

If you look at some of the "older threads," you will see that this issue was discussed many times before. (I am a photographer, btw)

The only way to prevent image capture is to watermark the images, if that is the last resort. (Users can still capture the images, but the watermark makes it hard to remove!)

As far as burning cd's, we assume that you have a cdrw in your computer and the software to do it. When you asked for help and mentioned, "how do I do it", well, there's more questions to ask.

Do a search on the forums and you will find plenty of help.

B)

Hi Abelston and welcome.

First, I assume you have CD writer which is Hardware. Also you will need a software to go with it which will burn (copy your files) the CD.

As for your "autorun.inf" file, which is the file that makes your presentation run automatically when the CD is inserted, you can use the Free "Autorun.inf Maker" program and you'll have "autorun.inf" file in seconds.

As for "prevent viewers of CD presentation from saving images to there harddrive" - you can try some of the Free utilities that gives, each in its way, a certain level of security, but not 100%.

You can find all programs and utilities for "PicturesToExe" at these two places:

1. beechbrook.com where you can find also members presentations and you can upload yours.

2. Programs, Utilities and PTE photo albums.

Good Luck

Granot

Hi and welcome,

In answer to the thorny issue of copyright protection Fujiboy posted a cracking link to a site for doing exactly what you require see his post at

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index.php? page 2 titled "Picture Protector"

and be careful using the word copyright in this forum it can get a bit heated !!! have fun Clive

B)