WnSoft Forums

Another Music Synchro Question

TimArruda

Well, I've searched through thread after thread and looked through different tutorials and cannot find the answer to this question. It would seem like a relatively common thing to do, but I have not been able to figure it out or find an answer. I have a show with 100 slides, and have two different songs that I would like to use. I don't just want to have all the slide synched evenly with the combined length of the songs. Say, I'd like slides 1-60 to synchronize with the first song, and the remaining slides to synch with the last song. Is there a way to use automatic synchronization, or the time line? I had hoped I could just select a range of slides, and then select the track I would like to synch them to....

Thanks,

Tim

Well, I've searched through thread after thread and looked through different tutorials and cannot find the answer to this question. It would seem like a relatively common thing to do, but I have not been able to figure it out or find an answer. I have a show with 100 slides, and have two different songs that I would like to use. I don't just want to have all the slide synched evenly with the combined length of the songs. Say, I'd like slides 1-60 to synchronize with the first song, and the remaining slides to synch with the last song. Is there a way to use automatic synchronization, or the time line? I had hoped I could just select a range of slides, and then select the track I would like to synch them to....

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I believe that what you are trying to do is not possible automatically. Say you add slides 1-60 and then add your first song. You can set the slides to have equal intervals over the length of the song by using the feature in the timeline "Timed Points - Arrange All Points" and making sure that there is a tick in the box labelled "Synchronise music and slides". Now add the remaining slides and add your second piece of music. In the Timeline window, move the last slide manually so that the end of the slide coincides with the end of the music. Now select all of the second batch of slides and use "Timed Points - Arrange Selected Points". What this should do is distribute the second batch of slides at equal intervals along the track length of the second song.

I have not tried this in the latest Beta 11A version but I think it should work.

Regards

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, I'm going to give it a try and let you know how I make out.

Tim

Tim,

I believe that what you are trying to do is not possible automatically. Say you add slides 1-60 and then add your first song. You can set the slides to have equal intervals over the length of the song by using the feature in the timeline "Timed Points - Arrange All Points" and making sure that there is a tick in the box labelled "Synchronise music and slides". Now add the remaining slides and add your second piece of music. In the Timeline window, move the last slide manually so that the end of the slide coincides with the end of the music. Now select all of the second batch of slides and use "Timed Points - Arrange Selected Points". What this should do is distribute the second batch of slides at equal intervals along the track length of the second song.

I have not tried this in the latest Beta 11A version but I think it should work.

Regards

Jeff

Tim,

It is important to recognise that synchronise does not mean synchronise it means make the time for the slides match the time for the music. I think this can result in a slide show where the slide changes are totally out of synchronisation with the music and to get a really professional result you are much better doing it manually anyway. A bit tedious but worth the extra effort.

Peter

The meaning of "synchronization" in a PTE context was described HERE by Igor.

As Peter mentioned, in PTE terms a show is "synchronized" if the music exactly matches the transitions, even if it is paused part of the way through. At the moment this is the main use for the "synchronize" feature.

Conversely, a slideshow can now be in perfect synchronization with the beats in the music even though the "synchronize" feature is not selected (as long as the show is not interrupted part way through, or the music does not repeat at the end).

Tim,

I just read your post. I have only limited knowledge of PTE, but I like to experiment with all its features. My suggestion is that you split your presentation, open the 60 slides in one project with the respective music file and synchronize them in this project. Then you will start with a new project for the remaining 40 slides and will synchronize them with the respective music file.

Open the project that comes second, select all slides and then open the first project and paste the slides of the second project in the end. Don't forget to also add the music file for the second project.

I tried it today and it works. I know it is not the fastest way to do synchronization but that is all I know with regard to your question.

Thanks for everyone who had helpful suggestions. :) Jeff, I tried your technique and it worked just fine, thanks for your help. Peter and Al, thanks for your clarification on what exactly "synchronization" does in PTE. Basically, I was looking for spreading out the timing of a range of slides to match the length of a song, so Jeff's suggestion worked well. I have to say that I really love the flexibility built into PTE, but boy, the learning curve can be steep.

Thanks again,

Tim