WnSoft Forums

Presentation on CD

silas

I am trying to put a slide show on a CD. I am a complete ignoramus as far as computerts are concerned. I can make a show with this programme, but I don't know how to put it onto a CDR. I have Nero burnibg software.

Can anyone help in very simple language?

Desperatly yours

Silas

Silas:

There are several different ways to put the show a CD.

BOXIG has several utilities that will enable you to have an autorun CD. See his website at http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com plus his many posting through the forum on the subject. A forum search for CD might help you for other discussion on this topic.

If you want to back it up, or use a CD-R simply to trafser the show to another computer it should be very simple using Nero Burning. I do not have that software, but I recall seeing it on other computers that you just open Nero Burning and go with the option that lets you create a CD, (or copy files to CDs) and follow instructions.

I can't tell you exactly with having the software, but essentially it is matter dragging the .exe file (and the pte and image/sound files if you want to for back-up) to the area on the screen that shows what is going to be put on the CD, then clicking on CREATE or RECORD CD.

I am sure someone will come along with the exact instructions for you, but maybe what I gavce will give you enough hints.

Hi Silas,

Welcome to the forum I shall attempt to put you right so from one ignoramus to another here goes assuming you have a CD Writer to go with your Nero you need to open said software, you will be greeted by a window offering you the option of a multisession disc .....continue multisession or no Multisession for a CD that has not been wrote to before click on first or last option in the top righthand side of the same window click on new in your new window you should be able to access a file browser in which you find your slide show where ever you saved it to for instance Silas .exe should appear in the far righthand colum click and drag it to the far left colum it should then appear in the second from the left hand side colum now with a disc in your drive go to the toolbar across the top and the 8th icon from the left......... click this and a new window opens click write and your there phew!!!!! I am sure you will get easier explanations from all the generous and knowledgable geniuses that make up a great membership have fun and keep on rocking!!! regards Clive

Ps, perhaps boxiq can write you a program to do all the above if he has not already done so as I write !!!!!

Silas,

It all depend if you are big "complete ignoramus " or small "complete ignoramus". I can give you the whole instructions but tell me first what you know so I'll not fill you with things you already know.

1. Did you used Nero before ?

2. did you ever burned a CD ?

3. do you make it for backup to keep for yourself or give to others ?

4. do you want the show to start automatic when CD inserted ?

5. do you want to put one show or few on the CD ?

6. how much you will pay me (just joking).

let me know all information and I'll tell you tomorrow (going to sleep now).

Have pun with great "Pictures To Exe"

Granot

Here is few lines about "Nero":

Insert CD.

Open the Wizard, copy CD, Data CD, Create new Data CD, Finish. Now you see two windows. The caption of the right window is "File browser". look here for your files and drag them to the left window. When finish go to "File" and choose "Write CD". The program will pop up a message when it finish.

The rest after you answer the above questions.

Good luck

Granot

Thanks for all of the help guys, I have now managed to make up a slide show. I need this prog as I am a pro photographer and I need to put wedding previews on CD for my clients.

Next questions

How do I put Audio CD tracks on as a sound track, I understand that they have to be converted to a different file format? any ideas?

Can I make the CD auto run?

Can the CD be played on a DVD player?

Thanks again!

Steve

Hi Steve

I will answer the first part of your question as I know Granot will be the best to get you AUTO RUNNING

To add music track 1. go to project options 2. go to music 3. add music now you need to have a track saved in for instance MY MUSIC .I personally use mp3 as my choice of format you need to convert your music files using a ripper you can find this software on the web CDtomp3 is pretty simple and is available as a limited trial to download full version is about €20.00 for some reason wav. files would not work for me though I think they should but are not as compact a format.

I would also welcome a way to save a show on DVD

Regards Clive.