WnSoft Forums

Frames and zoom

Heaven

Dear friends

I like to set a small white frame around my pictures when I prepare them for PTE. But now that version 5 is coming and is offering us the possibility of zooming, I would like to know if there is a possibility to set a frame that doesn't disappear when the picture is zoomed. It's not nice to have some pictures in a show with a frame and the zoomed ones without. I was thinking of a transparent picture overlayed to the zoomed one, but don't find neither the way how to create it in Photoshop nor to use it in PTE.

I'm wondering if there is a solution!

Yours sincerely

Markus

Markus,

You can also prepare a frame in photoshop, erase the centre portion, save it as a "png" file, open it on the lowest level in O&A, separate from all other objects, and then bring it to the front so it will always cover all of the other objects, including the main image.

Hi Tom and Al!

Wow... seems to be so easy! I will try this soon!

Tanky you very much for your help!

I just wonder what this means: open it at the lowest level, and separate from the other objects...

Yours

Markus

Hi Tom and Al!

Wow... seems to be so easy! I will try this soon!

Tanky you very much for your help!

I just wonder what this means: open it at the lowest level, and separate from the other objects...

Yours

Markus

Go to my Web Site and look on the 'Downloads' page, you will find a free tutorial on making a frame in Photoshop that will do what you want.

Ron

Edit: Or you can send me a request by email and I will send you the pdf

I was thinking about this as well. I like to add a keyline around my images and with the previous version of PTE this worked well as the images were a constant size. Now with the zoom and pan feature when you zoon an image the keyline (if applied in photoshop) gets thicker or smaller when you zoom in or out. Maybe Igor could add a keyline option alongside the drop shadow option in O&A.

Dear Ron

My wife and I had to delay our departure for our holiday and this gave me the opportunity to try your tutorial. It's very well made and I could easily follow step by step. I tried it out in my slideshow and it works perfectly well.

I just wanted to tell you... and to thank you!

Best regards

Markus

Nice demo Al, it explaines all, thanks.

Ron I got your pdf tutoral and found it very instructive, thanks also.