WnSoft Forums

Audio Popping and Clicking

Guest Techman1

JP,

Hello and welcome to the forum. PTE typically only plays what it gets in without adding any distortion. What type of Music files are you using and do they play fine in other programs? You might try using another music file (a .MP3 file) and see if you get the same results.

You shouldn't expect any added distortion from within PTE, but it won't eliminate it either. The key is great sounding files going in, great sound coming out!

Please advise on the above and I'm sure someone will be able to help you here!

Best regards,

Fred

Hello,

Are ther running programs in the background while you play the exe file?

using a outside soundcard can avoid clicks and pops coming from the PC and they are not expensif.

for example http://www.behringer.com/UCA202/index.cfm?lang=eng

or the http://www.behringer.com/FCA202/index.cfm?lang=eng

"Welcome to the forum" Thanks!

Okay, the .mp3 file plays just fine in iTunes on my PC, and works flawlessly over on my MAC in another slideshow program, but alas it just pops on this platform. The .exe is actually on the HDD running WinXP Pro. Perhaps I need to change the bit depth of the .mp3 file to see if that helps (it is currently at 192 kbps)?

JP_

A suggestion would be to create a quick and simple slideshow with music which does this and let some other users try it on their systems.

Are you by any chance using a SoundBlaster Audigy sound card? The reason I ask is that I get some of this through my headphones with my SoundBlaster, but when I play the same slideshow on other systems the sound plays perfectly. The sound on this system plays fine on CD's and such but there is something not quite right about the SoundBlaster. I don't have this issue with any of my other seven computer systems.

Best regards,

Lin

"Welcome to the forum" Thanks!

Okay, the .mp3 file plays just fine in iTunes on my PC, and works flawlessly over on my MAC in another slideshow program, but alas it just pops on this platform. The .exe is actually on the HDD running WinXP Pro. Perhaps I need to change the bit depth of the .mp3 file to see if that helps (it is currently at 192 kbps)?

JP_