WnSoft Forums

Multiple linked chapters

MikeL117

Hi

Is there any way to add multiple chapters to the title menu for different entry points in one PTE show without splitting the show into several smaller PTE files?

I would like to be able to add buttons to take the viewer to different parts of the show and have the remainder of the show play after and the sound track consistent.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Yes, you can add a button to any slide and program it to take the viewer to another specific slide. It may help to also select the option "Stop at the end of this slide" in Customize Slide.

Re the music, if you want the same music to play at precisely the same point for each slide, then you will have to select "synchronize music and slides" in Proj Ops. Or, if you want the music to start and then play through continuously regardless of whether the slide pauses, or one jumps to another slide, then leave "synchronize ... " unselected.

Thanks Alrobin

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I wanted to have that same (or similar) facility when writing a DVD.

Setting up a single show with a menu was very easy to play from the .EXE file now we have the "Loop this slide" option, although I did find the music didn't work well for the first slide when synchronized (needs a lot more care in setting the timing of the slide and music length to loop in the first slide)

If the menu is the first slide then the "Home" key takes you back directly to the menu from anywhere in the show - great - and with a suitable matching separator slide it can be a very smooth and professional looking show.

It is only the DVD version I have a problem with.

Thanks again

Mike

Sorry, Mike,

I thought you were referring to the compiled version (.exe) of a PTE slideshow.

No, these do not translate for DVD - it's a different "ball-game" with it's own rules and characteristics.

A show cannot be divided up in a DVD like it can in the "EXE" version without creating separate "shows".

No problem Al

It is what I thought but hoped for more.

It would be a very useful enhancement for version 5.1 and start to bring it up to the power and usefulness of Adobe Encore but with the convenience of all being built in.

Thanks

Mike