WnSoft Forums

Selecting Multiple Image in Time Line

Lostpixels

Hi, Mark,

Right now there is no such feature in PTE.

However, in the "Adjustor" spreadsheet model, you can do it several ways. You can also select two or more images, and automatically spread the total time between evenly over the slides in each selection.

To accomplish what you described, in Adjustor, you incrementally change the start time of the slide at the beginning of the selection you want to maintain, and decrement the time for the slide at the end of the selection by the same amount, thus leaving the relative times of the images in between intact. In this manner, groups of images can be shifted either ahead or back in time with only two timing changes. Note: if the last slide does not have sufficient slack to accomplish the total shift, you must make appropriate decrements to several slides until the total shift is accommodated.

The alternative in PTE is to manually adjust each image on the timeline - this can be a difficult task, especially for a show of over 100 slides in size.

However, in the "Adjustor" spreadsheet model, you can do it several ways.    You can also select two or more images, and automatically spread the total time between evenly over the slides in each selection.  

I have downloaded "Adjustor" but when I try to open a PTE file the VBAProject from within Excel is asks for a password, where do I get this password, any clues?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't had anyone complain about that particular problem before - it's a strange one.

The VBA code is protected by password, but should not interfere with the proper running of the spreadsheet, unless, possibly, the model cannot find the file as indicated, and is trying to send an error message. If you do get an error, you may have to exit Excel before trying again, as the VBA does some funny things like forgetting the values of variables until the program is started up again. I have tried to have everything reset properly upon pressing "Restore", but there may be something I have forgotten to re-fresh. Excel 97 and 2000 seem to react differently to problems such as this.

If you have time, please try different .pte files, and if the problem persists, and if you wish, you may email me the .pte file (without images or music, of course), and I will give it a try with my copy of Adjustor to see if I can replicate the problem.

The model is very new, and so it is likely that someone like yourself, for instance, will come up with a special situation which the model cannot handle until modified.

By the way, what version of Excel are you using? And on what version of Windows?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mark,

I just uploaded a new "Adjustor" to my site which seems to perform better under XP. You might like to give it a try and see if you still have the same problem.