WnSoft Forums

5.0 synchronization

photo girl

have struggled with tight synchronization in previous versions. downloaded 5.0 yesterday. there are several slides that have been customized and when the show gets to that section of images appearing with less time...it SNAP rather than fade in/out and skips many. what am i not understanding here?

have struggled with tight synchronization in previous versions. downloaded 5.0 yesterday. there are several slides that have been customized and when the show gets to that section of images appearing with less time...it SNAP rather than fade in/out and skips many. what am i not understanding here?

photo girl, welcome to the Forum!

V.5 doesn't have a "cut" as a global option. For fast parts in sequences, highlight the involved slides in the slide list, and select "Customize Slide / Effect / Quick".

There is more information on this topic here in a previous set of posts.

photo girl, welcome to the Forum!

V.5 doesn't have a "cut" as a global option. For fast parts in sequences, highlight the involved slides in the slide list, and select "Customize Slide / Effect / Quick".

There is more information on this topic here in a previous set of posts.

i'll give it a try. THANK YOU AL

i'll give it a try. THANK YOU AL

did not work. exactly the same. images are displayed for 4 seconds for the first 75 images and then go to 2 seconds. only fade in/out transition. 2 images before customized change...it begins to chop and skip. losing my mind here. should i try disabling hardware accel? seems counter to what i'm trying to accomplish.

photo girl,

you'll have to give us more info on your system and your show (processor, amount of RAM, type of video card, amount of VRAM, size of the images, type of music used, etc.)

Then, if you send me your "pte" file (no pics or music files) I'll have a look at it to see if there is something that might cause problems. (email: alrobin @ alrobinson.com - skip the spaces).

Guest Techman1

Photo Girl,

Hello. Have you saved your images down to a lower-resolution size (i.e., 1024x768) or are they full-res images? Is your fade set to less than 1 second on those few slides that are only being shown for 2 seconds? Sometimes images are skipped if they simply don't have enough time to load and perform a fade in the amount of time set.

As Al says, tell us a little more about it and I'm sure someone can help you get this resolved.

Take care,

Fred

Photo Girl,

Hello. Have you saved your images down to a lower-resolution size (i.e., 1024x768) or are they full-res images? Is your fade set to less than 1 second on those few slides that are only being shown for 2 seconds? Sometimes images are skipped if they simply don't have enough time to load and perform a fade in the amount of time set.

As Al says, tell us a little more about it and I'm sure someone can help you get this resolved.

Take care,

Fred

i am not a tech kinda girl but i will do my best here. it seems that the images range from around1276x961 all the way to 8428x4008. is this the problem? with the old version...it ran fine on my laptop until i converted to avi file and then it got completely out of sinc. what next guys. you're all i got!!!

photo girl,

8428x4008 seems rather large - are you sure you need to use an image this size? Without knowing more about your system, particularly the video card and amount of VRAM on it, it is a little difficult to know whether that might be the problem or not. Try reducing the size of the images to see if there is any improvement in the performance. PTE is the kind of program where it is difficult to give a definitive answer to this kind of question without actually experimenting with it a bit. Did you try replacing the music to see if that makes a difference?

it's the same way i've always used the music...so i'm thinking it's something else. it hangs up where the images get large. i'll try that.

and hey...since i have help...how do you post one of these slideshows online. i would love for friends out of state to access them. ???

you guys rock

okay crew...resizing the pics is definitely helping...now i just have to adjust transition times and i think that will do it. but i gotta tell ya...none of this happened with the old version. my ORIGINAL problem...was that when i converted to AVI...i lost all sync. i'm just trying to get back to square one at this point. but you folks are an awesome support system. you haven't heard the last of me.

thank you.

As Al said, welcome to the forum Photo Girl,

Mediafire works well for posting AVs and any other files, photos etc. Up to 100Mg file size for free, no time limit and any number of files.

http://www.mediafire.com/

We all love to see new shows from anyone/anywhere and if you wish to have comments/feedback on your show let us know in the Slide shows created in PicturesToExe forum, request all comments, only positive or no comments as you wish.