WnSoft Forums

image compression

jeronimo

hello -

I think many of us are compressing their images before putting picture shows together with P2E, with all the "organizational overhead" that comes with it: batch conversion of the puctures, storing them in a separate directory and keeping them as well as the originals as long as you might want to come back and change the pte show.

Is there any intention to include picture compression into P2E - it would just make a great program even better!

thanks much for any input -

There is no real advantage to image compression. All images expand in memory to their full necessary size. All compression does is make the executable show size smaller but when the executable is loaded the images in jpg format expand as they are being played. It's actually the dimensions not the file size which is important in terms of resources.

Best regards,

Lin

hello -

I think many of us are compressing their images before putting picture shows together with P2E, with all the "organizational overhead" that comes with it: batch conversion of the puctures, storing them in a separate directory and keeping them as well as the originals as long as you might want to come back and change the pte show.

Is there any intention to include picture compression into P2E - it would just make a great program even better!

thanks much for any input -

Thanks Lin for clarifying. I was actually unprecise and meant redimensioning, rather than compressing. Typically pictures come in at 6-8 MPixels, and are better brought down to screen resolution. I use "multi resize" which works fine, but as I said the overhead is too much.

thanks,

There is no real advantage to image compression. All images expand in memory to their full necessary size. All compression does is make the executable show size smaller but when the executable is loaded the images in jpg format expand as they are being played. It's actually the dimensions not the file size which is important in terms of resources.

Best regards,

Lin