WnSoft Forums

v 4.48 to v 5.0 not deluxe

joe smith

I just heard about the new version 5.0 and 5.0 deluxe. As a casual user of 4.48 I think all I need to do is to get the upgrade to version 5.0.

I saw a post from Lin Evans which said the upgrade is free if you do not want the Deluxe. I do not see any instructions or anything in FAQ that tells you how to download just 5.0 and not 5.0 Deluxe. Do I just click on 5.0 Deluxe and start the process? I would like to know what to do so I can pass on thw word to friends of mine who use 4.48.

Joe Texan

I just heard about the new version 5.0 and 5.0 deluxe. As a casual user of 4.48 I think all I need to do is to get the upgrade to version 5.0.

I saw a post from Lin Evans which said the upgrade is free if you do not want the Deluxe. I do not see any instructions or anything in FAQ that tells you how to download just 5.0 and not 5.0 Deluxe. Do I just click on 5.0 Deluxe and start the process? I would like to know what to do so I can pass on thw word to friends of mine who use 4.48.

Joe Texan

PTE 5 contains the 'de luxe' program coding within itself, so does not require a separate download. The de luxe part of PTE - which enables production of DVDs - is not activated until you purchase the key that unlocks it. That key is separate from the key that unlocks version 5, which is the same key that was used for 4.48.

Colin

If I upgrade to v 5.0 will I be able to use all of my older 4.48 shows in 5.0?

Joe, I have had no problems running any of my previous version PTE shows in v5. You can load v5 and still leave v4.48 on your PC until you are happy with v5, so in the unlikely event you can't run a show you still have v4.48 for it. Just remember if you save the show from v5 call it something different to keep the v4.48 version PTE file. Better still save all your shows as templates as well.