WnSoft Forums

Music overlapping

Dave

I am new to this but have created linked projects. I have a "main page" slide with object buttons that link to other projects (slideshows). I have one MP3 loaded at Project Options on the main page project. Each project linked through the buttons has one mp3 that is synchronized across the presentation of all slides within the project. The problem is that when a button on the main page is pressed, the main page music continues playing in the background while the music starts in the project selected, and the two mp3's continue to play simultaneously. The slides of the selected project present normally. I am using version 4.0. W98 OS. 400MhZ. 128 MB. The main page has a photo background and an mp3 inserted in Options. Options, Main, Show Settings - "Repeat show until ESC is pressed" radio button checked, and unchecked - no luck either way. No music synchronization turned on for the main page. Options, Music, "Repeat Music After Playing" checked, and unchecked - no luck either way. I have also tried moving the mp3 on the main page from the Project Options section to the Sound field under Slide List (under the Comment field). No luck. I have tried swapping out the mp3's for different tunes. No luck. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled. No luck. I have searched the Forum here. No luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Guest guru

Dave,

this outcome is absolutely normal, if - as I guess - you selected "Run application or open file" in your buttons properties. Your main one-page presentation (main page, menu) continues running also when other shows start. This page is "covered" by the new show, but the music goes on.

You must use a very short music for the main page, and deselect "Repeat music after playing" in Music options.

You can also select "Run application and exit" in buttons properties, but so

1) your first music will stop abruptly;

2) you'll see a moment the desktop when the main page closes and the first show is starting;

3) the main page will not reappear at the end of first show.

Welcome to the forum Dave!

Been there, done that. Thinking outside the box, try this:

If you can do without precise synchronization, never exit the first show. Put all of your shows in one. Call other shows by a "Jump to slide number" and have custom music start with that slide. Just concatenate your shows into one big show and use buttons in "Home" screen (get this by "Home" keyboard key) to jump to starting picture number of other shows. You can't do fancy timing this way, but you can get the original music to stop and later restart as jumps happen by customizing each slide that is a "Jump" target and selecting "play new music" in the customize slide music tab. If other following slides are not customized for music the previous music continues. Make the last slide in each included "show" have a 1000 second display time (fake pause) by customizing it. Have text in slide say "Press Home Key" or alternately have it say "Click to return to show selection screen" (define a 1600x1200 transparent, textless "Button" in that screen's object editor view with button action "Go to slide number" and 1 for home screen slide number so that a click anywhere in screen takes viewer to slide 1, the home screen).

It would be nice if last screen in each included all-in-one "show" could be programmed to take an action like go to slide 1 *just* by being played. Many forum members have made this request to Igor, but it is not yet in the software, FYI.

Cheers!

Guest guru

Dave,

please don't truncate abruptly your mp3!

It is very easy to make a fade-out with a little sound editor. I know two freeware: Audacity and mp3 Trim (just pointed out by Chuck "cc").

The first one has the advantage of a grafical interface; the second is a very intersting software, but - in my opinion - less convenient to use.

The best little software to fade, mix and merge sounds is Mp3 Audio Mixer, a very intuitive and easy to use basic sound editor, but it is a shareware ($24.95). You can anyway download the trial version, that is fully functional (if I remember well) for 15 or 30 days.